Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
richard rawlplug
8,111 Posts
fire blade..????

this looks like another interesting build...

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
engines i believe is a kawasaki 900.

its shaft drive so its having a prop and running through a forward/ reverse box thing.

have been doing some odd bits in prep for this coming round.

rear ends of a bike and is mounted to a big plate.

all the metal work at the rears coming out as you can see it clashes where the driveshaft needs to go

also having skinny wheels,these are space savers with bike tyres and changing wheels alters the look completely.

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fire blade..????

this looks like another interesting build...
could be but im not up on bikes.

hopefully interesting.
do like to do stuff that will tax my brain.

got the rear end stripped off today and a couple of bars in.also ,ive got to remount the engine as its not in square and the side profile of the thing will change as well

·
Turbo 4 pot freak
1,891 Posts
Interesting project Wayne, I would be a bit scared about the lack of grip on cornering myself as I have a bike engined Westfield that I built 7 years ago and I have got 4 wheels on that even before I turboed it the handling needed quite a lot of fettling to get it to grip in a nice progressive manner.

Should be interesting to watch you tackle this one :tup:

John

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interesting project Wayne, I would be a bit scared about the lack of grip on cornering myself as I have a bike engined Westfield that I built 7 years ago and I have got 4 wheels on that even before I turboed it the handling needed quite a lot of fettling to get it to grip in a nice progressive manner.

Should be interesting to watch you tackle this one :tup:

John
Hi, it my toy (3 wheel loon) and with the wheels its meant to drift and turn in quick with the front settup, i want to play at hillclimbs........Engine has 134BHP at present but lurking at home is most of a single point Nos kit which should add 60BHP ish.........Will be flat out at 130mph and 0-60 around 2.8 to 3 secs if i can get traction, expected all up weight of 340kg plus a fat git (thats me)!!

·
Turbo 4 pot freak
1,891 Posts
Good luck with that 3 wheel loon, yep should be very nippy especially with a bit of gas, you will probably have to fit a Nos controller on it as when the hit comes in it may overcome the rear grip as a 60 bhp hit will be a pretty violent shove :tup:

John

·
Registered
919 Posts
This will be fun!..just needs some of Wayne's magic..not many hills in west Drayton to test it though?..will you be driving it out of Wayne's workshop?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Engine in and running complete with exhaust, drive shafts sorted, suspension and spaceframe finished, brakes working...........But how much bodywork depends on the dosh I can raise !!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Henry, 3 wheel loon here............Wayne and I have mounted the motorbike swinging arm incorporating the driveshaft onto a large steel plate which will be mounted on the bulkhead behind the seat framework and the driveshaft comes through this between the seats , this propshaft is attached to a forward/reverse and neutral gearbox (quaife type), the propshaft forward of this goes onto the motorbike engine which is turned sideways (the old chain sprocket is now a flange to attach the propshaft to. All the gears and clutch as as the motorbike would be normally, ie sequential.

Is that "Henrys revenge" as in the 70-80's drag car that we all so fondly remember ?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts