Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,553 Posts
First thing is what number is cast into the block and you can date the engine by checking out the engine number on Burtons site.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,553 Posts
Head gasket is same across the range. It'll be Cortina Mk3 or Capri , I'm not sure if Transit were using them in low compression form back then, I don't think so. Haynes manual will work just fine for rebuilding a normal Pinto. If you want to look at tuning stuff then David Vizards is still the standard reference book.

Look at the cambelt cover to see what number is stamped in there to tell you if it's a 2.0 or 1.6.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,553 Posts
Think you'll find it has 201 on the block rather than 205 ;) . With no belt cover have a look at the distance between the top of the water pump and the top of the block where the head meets it. I'm not positive that it applies to the Pinto but all other Ford 4s the water pump is flush with the block on the smaller displacement and has about 1" of block above the water pump if the bigger ( longer stroke) version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.