Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Swinging away from the animalistic options.

Bracket or heads up. For the two day meetings (most of them) how about running bracket on one day and heads up the next? Sportsman tree for bracket and Pro Tree for heads up. Similar format to Top Sportsman. I am sure York can handle the different routines, they do it all day in any case with rwyb, HRG and Super Cup (Pro Tree), Sportsman/Pro/ASS (Sportsman tree).

Why do they have 2 different trees? To bracket race on a Pro tree would always give the slower car the advantage as to sit is stage for a few seconds waiting for the tree to run it is difficult to get a good reaction, whereas for the slower car they know pretty much when the tree will run, when both cars stage. Sportsman tree offers no advantage.

·
Registered
565 Posts
all the other series are bracket racing, we dont need to make this one another. this would take away any advantage of having a faster car and then the slower, more economical cars would win every year by having the advantage off track and no disadvantage on track

Why do they have 2 different trees? To bracket race on a Pro tree would always give the slower car the advantage as to sit is stage for a few seconds waiting for the tree to run it is difficult to get a good reaction, whereas for the slower car they know pretty much when the tree will run, when both cars stage. Sportsman tree offers no advantage.
but we dont bracket race

·
Registered
29 Posts
all the other series are bracket racing, we dont need to make this one another. this would take away any advantage of having a faster car and then the slower, more economical cars would win every year by having the advantage off track and no disadvantage on track

but we dont bracket race
I just added the bit about why there are 2 trees in answer to your earlier question.

Overall I think the Pro Tree, Heads Up format is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Like Nick, been away too long & will go with the flow. May only make it out a few times this year but would like to do a few baseline runs. I suspect I'll be saving for slicks after my first outing...

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
most of us know the reasons for racing only at York, but as there are show only points awarded at event such as the hot rod drags etc, would it be possible to attend kirkbride as a "show", attracting show points only, therefore avoiding any possible prosecution in the event of a tragedy?
Just thinking that it may help out the scottish contingent somewhat, and expose the NSCC to more of the public, with the possible bonus of attracting more people to the series?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
We'll doubtless have the usual show-of-hands on whether we want Pro or Sportsman tree at the drivers' meeting - majority wins!
I like the idea of a NPB bonus, bring it up in AOB
Likewise the Kirkbride "show" ... I would't have thought it was a problem as long as somebody agrees to jot down which NSCCers were there?
As for using endangered species as co-drivers, this is the National Street Car Challenge, not the National Geographic Street Car Challenge. Although how about, when racing, you have to have a sedated Mountain Lion in the car, whose sedative is just about to wear off ... that'd encourage quicker reactions, Pro tree or not.

·
Wild Willie Fadster
1,719 Posts
Pro tree for me, hate the sportsman tree and there really is no advantage one way or the other. If your car reacts slow, it'll react slow to any tree. As Mark says, the green light is the green light.

Slicks from race 1, why have to qualify to go on slicks ? They don't make my car any quicker but they sure as hell make racing cheaper.

I can see no margin in limiting show numbers.... it gives the advantage to the street car that can attend the shows, and that's what this series is all about.

Extra points for new PB's, most improved times etc would add some spice at the end of the season when we chase points so why not, great call I reckon.

I personally think that we should take the stance that the class is pretty much unlimited and take it from there. So long as its taxed, MOT'd and taking part, that's the aim.

One last thing, where we are attending race events as shows, like the Mopars for example where we are not limited by age of vehicle ( Hot Rod Drags and Nostalgias ), why not add points for actually racing on the track ?
This would allow a race competitor to accrue points without the series having to organise an unlicensed meeting ? Say 20 points for each run up the track ?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts