Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been helping tom with the a40 build up over the last 10 months and really grown to like these small farinas,

which as im sure you all know leads on to thoughts of what else can we do................

so been thinking id like to put together a strip only car, british from the 60s. that would be built per its period, with what was availible back then, im temted to do another a40 farina, maybe with a tuned a series on methanol, ladder bars etc, but really would like something really unusual that just isnt around anymore.
so what ya reck?? any manufacturer, 60s or early 70s, 50s even i guess, just small and brit :D

·
Keyboard Worrier
411 Posts
Wolseley 1500 or Riley 1.5?

Same suspension as a Minor but 1.5 B-series power so more oomph potential than an A-series, thinking 1.8 MGB transplant for starters.... :smoke:

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
been helping tom with the a40 build up over the last 10 months and really grown to like these small farinas,

which as im sure you all know leads on to thoughts of what else can we do................

so been thinking id like to put together a strip only car, british from the 60s. that would be built per its period, with what was availible back then, im temted to do another a40 farina, maybe with a tuned a series on methanol, ladder bars etc, but really would like something really unusual that just isnt around anymore.
so what ya reck?? any manufacturer, 60s or early 70s, 50s even i guess, just small and brit :D
Hillman Californian (50's not Imp based) Hillman Minx estate, Wolseley 6/80, Gilbern, Rochdale, Berkeley, last 3 all glass fibre so plenty of body oportunities

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wolseley 1500 or Riley 1.5?

Same suspension as a Minor but 1.5 B-series power so more oomph potential than an A-series, thinking 1.8 MGB transplant for starters.... :smoke:
ah now the riley is 1 id forgotten about!
thats the kind of thing, :tup:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmmmmm the minx estate, me dad had 1 of them hand painted co op blue:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts