Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Administrator
9,969 Posts
Spoilt the Popstalgia weekend as I used the entire tank getting there - then wasted a gallon of fuel trying to find fuel so I could drive it the next day - had 1/2" of fuel left in tank when I finally got some.
Next day I needed to fill up again as the cruise had used most of the fresh tank as I needed a full tank plus a bit to drive home today. Wasted another gallon of fuel with the help of a local rodder who drove around the area for me in his daily to find somewhere I could fill up. Had I not found anywhere I would have been stuck there with no means of getting home.
Frigging selfish muppets.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Same here,ruined our weekend. I could think of better words to describe the idiots who panicked and took all the fuel unnecessarily.we was going to stumpys camp out at the manor but lack of petrol in Reading made me in my Lincoln and my mate in his Oldsmobile stay at home.other one of my mates is not going to work tomorrow as everywhere in our area including motorway services is out of diesel.roads were pretty quiet around here when the other half went out shopping today.she is a dementia care worker and only has 2 bars left of petrol so hope things improve or get back to normal this week.hopefully all the idiots have enough fuel for next month too now sat in their vehicles doing nothing

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Our local Sainsbugs was busy all day, not much of a queue when I left work, so I topped up with the cheap stuff (that’s all that had) no limits on amount.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I only do about 2000 miles a year in my van, so I only put £25 worth in about once a month, which takes it up to about 1/2 a tank. When things are back to 'normal' I'm going to fill it up and then refill when I get down to 1/2 a tank, and the O/H is going to top up once a week when she goes shopping... just in case.

·
Registered
567 Posts
When something totally unnecessary happens like this it’s often worth taking a closer look at what the government is up to as, historically, these situations have often been instigated almost as a sleight of hand….manufacture a fuel shortage that becomes primary headline with one hand and sneak something under the radar with the other hand.
totally agree Mag, don`t trust any of them.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Latest statement is fuel crisis will steady out , but expect another price hike as the of the oil barrel price goes up
Best fill your tanks now to save money, Oh BTW media claims huge interest in electric powered cars since fuel crisis as more people viewed the TV ads , you cant make this shit up

·
Registered
949 Posts
I wondered how long it'd be before somebody would make the EV point!

OTOH.........a few weeks ago when there was that flooding in Louisiana, the power failed to many homes. It was the folk with diesel generators who still had power. It does bother me the strategy of putting all your power eggs in one basket. In the old days at least your old GPO/BT phone would work when the power was down, even with a landline those often now require mains voltage to charge up (as does your mobile and just about everything else).

·
Stroker
5,517 Posts
The 'human race' is more like telling a trillion people in a rather big barrel to piss in the corner. It is breathtaking.
As a 'geriatric' health care worker I am very happy to look after the old folks in their dotage but the rest of the idiots can go fuck themselves. And they probably are, right now.
Lol

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I see a lot of fuel stations have hiked their prices up tremendously.lets hope when normality comes back everyone avoids the money grabbing b**tards like the plaque!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I see a lot of fuel stations have hiked their prices up tremendously.lets hope when normality comes back everyone avoids the money grabbing b**tards like the plaque!!

Have an idea its something to do with when they had a glut of crude oil a while back and the prices tanked, so they turned the production taps off. Going by their graph it looks like its gone back to 2018 prices.

White House calls on OPEC to boost oil production as gasoline prices rise

·
Registered
949 Posts
An example at grassroots level: I bought 25 litres of 20W50 oil (all my stuff runs on it) in March 2020 for £52. That self same container of oil from the same supplier now costs £78. Yes, a 50% hike in eighteen months! I checked the competition and this sort of increase seems to pertain across the board.

·
Registered
949 Posts
And we wonder why we've got a nation of panickers!

If you ever read an article in the paper on a subject you know about it's always wrong or a distortion, so it makes me then think about the things I read that I'm not familiar with - is it all nonsense?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts