Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Idiots panic buying fuel

5K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  4potHemi 
#1 ·
Out and about today , chaos , twats filling up with fuel , you would think its Fkin Mad Max
Was going to take the Edsel out tomorrow for a pleasure drive , best not go too far , brace yourselves for another price hike ,

#2 ·
You could see it coming.
ALL the news chat shows repeatedly said don't panic whilst at the same time said there's a shortage but oft never said drivers just petrol shortage whilst showing images of the few petrol stations awaiting delivery.
Shame on the pricks but we never expected owt else. How they play the sheeple.

#3 ·
I just heard about this from Kevin at hill shipping , typical news reporters creating something that is,nt there and the idiotic punters rushing out to get there's first , what do they expect they will do when that tank of fuel they just bought runs out , meanwhile the greedy oil companies are rubbing there hands calculating all that extra profit they make on fabricated shortage and instant price hikes , total madness .

#6 ·
Watching people driving around tonight looking to find a filling station with fuel and creating far heavier evening traffic than normal - and these 'seekers' are using existing fuel up just to drive to other garages that are also closed.........kinda ironic isn't it?

#7 ·
Yet again the working class man gets shafted! Had to queue for an hour and half for diesel in my lorry to get fuel to continue working and get home. The government has well and truly knackered this country.well at least all the benefit brigade and the still furloughed had all the time in the world bored out of their silly little minds with no hobbies or interests and went and queued for their tank of fuel to sit in their vehicles for the next few weeks whilst people like me have been screwed over yet again,welcome to England!! If all the lazy bastards sat at home watching tv and receiving free handouts got off their fat arses and helped out by going to work we wouldn’t be in this mess!! Driving back home tonight was like rush hour,never seen a Friday night so busy on the roads ,pure mentalness,fuel stations out of petrol and diesel,majority of them closed,massive queues at those open,this country is getting worse,I didn’t think it could get any worse than it is but I reckon this is just the start!!

#9 ·
My 4th Gen daily was just on the red line so I put £35 of Super in which is what I use in a week working part time…..A fella came over wanting to chat about the car and told me he’d filled his to the top with unleaded,he said that it’ll take him around 12 weeks to use it as he only uses the car for the Bg Shop.

Wasn’t to happy when I pointed out the problems of shite E10 to him.

#10 ·
Problem with the panic buying is ,if youre a normal user and need to get to work by car, suddenly youre out as well getting fuel ,so it has a knock on affect.

Didnt we go through this recently.everyone ran out but a week later the stations were full again and back to normal.

The press really twist stuff. Beginning off yesterday a small bit on the news that i think was BP and a few tesco garages wernt getting deliveries.

By lunchtime they were reporting general shortages and missed out the first part.

When you look at the big picture,its like were going back in time.

Five years ago you could get/ do anything and it was cheap.

Fast forward to today and just about everything is way up in price and thats only if its available...

Did read that shipping containers from china have gone up from 3k to 13 k.hpw can that be justified.

Thats going to have a big knock on affect for the traditional rodder who buys his parts from speedway.

#11 ·
Of course, you then get that mad thing where somebody already has a full tank of fuel, but panics into getting another £1.23s worth, clogging up the fuel station in the process.

Listening to the news this morning and it sounds the perfect storm for Govt - inflation starting to take off with higher pay, transport costs, cost of materials etc, but the Bank of England not wanting to put up interest rates to calm it all down again because they're worried it'll kill the economy inc housing market.

#15 ·
Out and about this afternoon, local Morrisons shut, Tescos shut, big queue at the small station. O/H went out again (to buy shoes...) and got fuel at the Asda on a big retail park, but they only had diesel. She wasn't 'topping up', she was on a 1/4 tank and we will be doing a about a 90 mile trip tomorrow.

#19 ·
Troubles is that as Nobody says, if you need fuel you still have to buy it and join the queue, I have to go to Chichester first thinbg in the morning and the car was pretty much empty, so I had to get up early (I was awake at six anyway) and join all the other muppets queing for fuel. I buy probably about £80 -£100 a week of fuel and both vehicles were near enough empty so no choice but to join the queue...

#21 ·
Spoilt the Popstalgia weekend as I used the entire tank getting there - then wasted a gallon of fuel trying to find fuel so I could drive it the next day - had 1/2" of fuel left in tank when I finally got some.
Next day I needed to fill up again as the cruise had used most of the fresh tank as I needed a full tank plus a bit to drive home today. Wasted another gallon of fuel with the help of a local rodder who drove around the area for me in his daily to find somewhere I could fill up. Had I not found anywhere I would have been stuck there with no means of getting home.
Frigging selfish muppets.

#22 ·
Same here,ruined our weekend. I could think of better words to describe the idiots who panicked and took all the fuel unnecessarily.we was going to stumpys camp out at the manor but lack of petrol in Reading made me in my Lincoln and my mate in his Oldsmobile stay at home.other one of my mates is not going to work tomorrow as everywhere in our area including motorway services is out of diesel.roads were pretty quiet around here when the other half went out shopping today.she is a dementia care worker and only has 2 bars left of petrol so hope things improve or get back to normal this week.hopefully all the idiots have enough fuel for next month too now sat in their vehicles doing nothing

#28 ·
I only do about 2000 miles a year in my van, so I only put £25 worth in about once a month, which takes it up to about 1/2 a tank. When things are back to 'normal' I'm going to fill it up and then refill when I get down to 1/2 a tank, and the O/H is going to top up once a week when she goes shopping... just in case.

#30 ·
Latest statement is fuel crisis will steady out , but expect another price hike as the of the oil barrel price goes up
Best fill your tanks now to save money, Oh BTW media claims huge interest in electric powered cars since fuel crisis as more people viewed the TV ads , you cant make this shit up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.