Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a chart or illustration for the correct camber , caster angles for a street rod independent A arm front suspension ?? ie YSR set up

·
Registered
265 Posts
I may be wrong but was the YSR set up Mk3/4 Cortina Based? My dad's front end is Rodshop, again Cortina Based so we set it up exactly on Cortina geometry. I have the drawing of the standard Cortina set up on my garage wall. Did have it electronically but cant find it now!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi,ysr is based on cortina 3/4/5.camber .50 degree neg.with difference of 1.0 degree side to side.so you can have .50 one side and 1.50 on the other and still be in spec.caster is 3.50 degrees.i always set to 5.0 degrees so when you take a bit of rake into account it ends up around 3.50 degrees.more caster gives you better self centering.yor toe in is about 1/16 inch.your toe out on turns on turn tables is done at 20 mins.

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may be wrong but was the YSR set up Mk3/4 Cortina Based? My dad's front end is Rodshop, again Cortina Based so we set it up exactly on Cortina geometry. I have the drawing of the standard Cortina set up on my garage wall. Did have it electronically but cant find it now!!
that would be a bonus if I could have a copy of that :tup:

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts