Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my source has not turned up any of late (local super market car park) im now turning to you guys

Im After 2 measurments

I need the measurment from the spring shackle chassis mount to the fixed spring mount, so i can get mine in the correct positions first time and take the guess work out of it :shake:

And being chassis points then wont make any difference to unladen / laden weight (i think :tup: )

The vehicles are Mk3 Transit front leaf spring and Land Rover SWB series front leaf spring

Thanks in advance, you lot :rule:

(Grovel grovel grovel)

·
Registered
250 Posts
dont know if it would be any use to you but i can measure my mk2 transit if you like
ttfn glenn
ps if you do, would you want dimensions in metric or proper money?

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont know if it would be any use to you but i can measure my mk2 transit if you like
ttfn glenn
ps if you do, would you want dimensions in metric or proper money?
Thanks Glenn

Either or either ............... my tape measure has both :tup:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Vin, there,s a SWB Landy down my yard, if you want to clamber underneath it to measure!!!!

There,s probably Transits there as well.

·
Registered
250 Posts
sorry a bit tardy replying but have been faffing about with my harley but as far as i could see its 1 metre 19 cm between centres but will double check tomorrow
ttfn glenn

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vin, there,s a SWB Landy down my yard, if you want to clamber underneath it to measure!!!!

There,s probably Transits there as well.
Cheers Pete i may take you up on that mate :tup:

Just awaiting the shackles to arrive

·
Registered
110 Posts
Which series land rover do you mean?

They had different wheel bases so probably have different dimensions on the suspension set up.

The Series 1 SWB was 80 inch, Series 2, 2A and 3 was 88 inch I think, and the early Landrover 90 and later leaf spring Defender 90s had a few options depending on year.

Here's a link to some manuals. There are quite a lot of technical drawings in there, and some with chassis dimensions.

» Land Rover Manuals Land Rover One Ten: Articles, Manuals, VIN Checker, Guides and Tips on the Land Rover Ninety, One Ten & Defender 90 & 110

Failing that, I do spend some time on the Landyzone forum, so could ask a question over there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts