Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Stroker
5,470 Posts
Holy crap!

Take it easy chief! At least you will have rest and reflection time!
Sometimes ya gotta rest.

I did a 12 hour shift today and took the piss out of my shoulder injury thinking it would be ok. Pain has broadened out to back :(
The ward gets piles of treats so I've binged and feel shite anyhoo but gotta eat more healthy.
After I've drunk to the label on me chrimbos bottle of scotch. :)

Merry Christmas

·
Premium Member
14,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
ok, so not working has not done the diet any favours at all. been signed off for another 4 weeks last week and having physio appointments now. i put weight back on over christmas and was up to 16st 8lb but i'm trying harder not to eat through boredom and now down to 16st 5lb 'again'. hopefully it'll keep going down.
neil.

·
Premium Member
14,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
i went back up to almost 16st 9lb after the last post and then gave up on the diet. i randomly weighed myself this week and i'm under 16st 5lb, for the first time in ages :D
we did buy smaller dinner plates a couple of weeks back which may be helping :lol:
neil.

·
Premium Member
14,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
dieting is hard when you're stuck indoors, bored. haven't weighed myself since i posted last but thought i must've put several pounds back on. i was surprised today when i was only 16st 5 1/2lbs so pleased with that.
neil.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Neil,

Sorry to hear you is having these weight problems, like all of us oldies.
Food is very addictive without a doubt.
I've seen family members ballooning over the last few weeks/months with all the stress and no work!

Myself I'm just glad its so hot and now we don't put the oven on a cook a hearty meal.
Its porridge for breakfast, a slice of toast for lunch and weetabix for tea/dinner.
Still can't cant lose any weight, must be all the snacking in between cos we is sooo frigging hungry...:coffee:

·
Premium Member
14,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Hi Neil,

Sorry to hear you is having these weight problems, like all of us oldies.
Food is very addictive without a doubt.
I've seen family members ballooning over the last few weeks/months with all the stress and no work!

Myself I'm just glad its so hot and now we don't put the oven on a cook a hearty meal.
Its porridge for breakfast, a slice of toast for lunch and weetabix for tea/dinner.
Still can't cant lose any weight, must be all the snacking in between cos we is sooo frigging hungry...:coffee:
hi jon,
yes we're all getting old unfortunately. my back reminds me all the time. i'm hoping to lose some weight getting the footings dug/shuttered and the concrete laid. it'll be a start anyway, followed by putting the building up soon after.
look after yourself mate, neil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You're not going to like this. Most extreme way I lost a 2 stone and a half was to eat 2 meal then 2 days without, only had yoghurt and drank plenty of water. Did this for a month, no change, then the next 2 weeks it fell off. After that I had to stop for a couple weeks then I gave it one more go for a couple weeks. Over the next month I put a stone and a half back on but I was overall down a stone and it's been 4 years steady at this weight.
It was easy for me as I didn't have a job at the time, helped kill the time as well.

Sent from my YOTA 3+ using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
i don't like yoghurt :lol:

·
Stroker
5,470 Posts
I still can't fasten me top trouser button :(

Recently started walking up the hills to remote garage for cardio and do feel more energised for it!

I've abandoned love of my life jumbo Dorrito tortilla bags :cry: and actually eating more healthily without my usual frown :bigsmile:

For the first time at work I got sent to the acute stroke ward. Heartbreaking to see so many folks in one place with the same life changing event. :cry: mixture of shapes and sizes so it really is a hidden disease!!

Gentle unstressed exercise for me from here on in!!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I lost over a stone when I had COVID and now I can no longer undo the poppers of my overalls by sticking my belly out (every cloud etc)
I'm now just over 16 stone and need to lose at least another stone

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I’ve lost over 3 stone in the last year ,I’ve always had a sandwich mid day usually cheese n pickle ,well that’s all I’ve given up,I have cereal in the morning and then what ever the wife cooks / or takeaway in the evening ,if I get really hungry in the day I’ll grab a handful of weetabix minis with a cuppa ,and I weigh myself every day so I know when I’m putting on the weight and when it comes off ,my target was 11stone but I’ve been as low as 10stone 5,I suffer with arthritis and joint pain and it’s massively better ,pick up something that weighs 3stone and see how long you can walk about holding it ,it gets heavy real quick

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have just found this thread and after reading some comments I'd like to offer some advice.
Losing weight can be pretty easy.... its pretty much 80% kitchen work 20% work out.

I'm 41. I have lost 2 stone in 2 months..... and I was eating 200% more than before starting working out.

the whole thing is about training your metabolism. Diets that starve you of food and days without eating and shit like that don't do any good, you might lose weight, but you will 100% put it all back on at the smallest step back.

the way is to feed your body regularly so it 'learns' it doesnt need to store any fat. the first 2 weeks it feels like you are just not going anwywhere... by the 3rd week it's like a trigger happens and you start seeing weight disappearing quite quickly.
I went from a size 36 trousers to 32. I could even get on a 30 size, but it was too tight on my tighs, so 32 it was and a belt.
And when you eat, you eat healthy stuff. and by healthy it doesnt mean boring and tasteless...

I eat burgers with cheddar cheese on top of, chicken with bacon, potatoes, rice,etc.... but, the burners are the 5% fat, the chicken, is chicken breasts.... the carbs (potatoes, rice,etc) are only to be eaten after work outs...
there's a science to it and it's not difficult.

I'd eat pretty clean and healthy during the week, then on Friday i'd have an evening just eating bad food. anything. chocolates, dominoes pizza, takeway....whatever.

and the only workout I done was Monday to Friday, 20min HITT training, doing one of the Joe Wikes workouts from youtube. that's it.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about foods etc, I'm happy to give more advice here and even some of the batches of food I cook, to make life easier.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts