Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*** PLEASE NOTE ***
To use this feature you must be on the posting/editing page with the smiley box on the right :tup:

Evening All,

I've added a new feature to the Rods 'n' Sods Image hosting to make it easier to upload and post photos in your posts.

To use the new feature you need to go into the normal "writing a post" screen (Or replying etc.)

Down on the right below the smilies is a couple of new links.

"Open" and "Quick Upload" in the My Photos section.

To upload pictures from your computer to post on the web just click on the "Quick Upload" link.

This will open a new window for you as per below.

Click the "Browse" button, then find the image on your computer and click open.

Ensure the image details are in the box and then click the "Host" button.

The software will automatically upload the image for you (upto a maximum of 5000 x 5000 pixels or 3MB) and then resize it to a more managable 1024 pixels (on the longest side) so you don't have to do anything :tup: It also ensure that the image proportions are kept and that it is saved without a reduction in visual quality.

Want more than that ?? It even puts the image directly into the post for you as shown by the hilighted bit below :tup:

This takes all the hassle of swapping between different sites to upload, find and post images whilst handing the resizing for you as well.

As with the normal route through the Image Hosting button at the top (Destructions Here) you can still use that area to manage all your uploaded files.

If you already have images hosted on Rods 'n' Sods and you want to re-use them in another post then click the "Open" link instead.

This will open up a new window with all of your previously uploaded images in. To add one of these images to a post simply click the picture and it will put it straight into your post as per before.

Repeat this for as many pictures as you want to put in the post :tup:

·
Registered
393 Posts
:beuj:

Here is the old DEALS ON WHEELS or(dims on rims) as we all called it.opposite the old Eastern Cruisers club in the park,the number of the shop was 57-63..Enjoy..Oh look could that be me????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
how do i upload a video from my computer and add it ti my thread cheers simon
As of yet we are not able to host video but if you upload it to a host (ie Youtube) then you can then use the address from the video (link) and post it here as per the Jukebox/random video thread :tup:

·
slave to the rhythm.
280 Posts
si,
how come my photos do not get auto resized i keep getting rejected photos saying the file is to large and when i resize using photo shop and post it the pictures come out to small and cannot be enlarged

regards frank.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya Frank,

Sorry mate, only just seen this. There are some upper limits to the files for the upload, 5000 pixels wide or tall and 6Mb file size. anything below that will be resized as it's uploaded.

If you resize them in photoshop, what size are you doing them to ? Best choice is to reduce them to 1024 x 768 pixels :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Erm.. ive only just noticed you can set the pics as 'private' or 'public'.. it seems all mine are set to the default setting of 'private'.. i think? but when im not logged in i can still see my pics in posts on the forum. What difference does setting them to 'public' make?

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you set them to private then people can't just 'browse' your uploads. If you set them to public then they can :tup:

Everything directly linked to as an image e.g. in posts is automatically publicly viewable regardless of that setting.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't have the option to post pics in the smilies box. The box is not on the right hand side of the message box but above it, will that make any difference? Is there something I need to do in my settings? I just get a box pop up saying enter url.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
i havent got a upload thingy below the smilies,any reason why?
Tony this a 2009 thread that you have resurrected, just use the Camera Icon if you hover over it it says 'Insert Picture'.

Rog.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts