Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was talking to my friend about a post lottery garage and daily setup. Just a double garage enough for 2 cars.

I settled on a Nissan GTR (yes, some of you may not like it, but I do) and a Shelby Cobra in the garage, and a new Mustang GT on the drive as a daily.

I've been looking and wondering about registering a new Cobra bought from Shelby. I'm confused about the title though. I was watching this video about them buying the base Cobra and then adding the drivetrain and sending them out titled as a 1965 Cobra.

In which case, would it still be a 1965 car when it got here? Or would it be a 2014 car, being all new? I was thinking, there's no way you could get a new 427 cobra through emissions with those sidepipes and it'd look god-awful with cats on, so you could make up for that with the 289 FIA. Still looks good but with under car exhausts, it would be done.

It would be nice to be able to get a new 427, but if you cant, a 289 is still nice.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,127 Posts
I think there's bit of a loophole where a 'continuation ' of production model only has to meet it's original spec . However do AC cars still exist ?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I think there's bit of a loophole where a 'continuation ' of production model only has to meet it's original spec . However do AC cars still exist ?
Well i dont think you will find an AC cars factory anywhere but i believe the co/right to use the name was bought by a big company a few years back so it probably exists on paper.

bit odd cos usually i manufacturer has several models but in this case one model [cobra] had several manufacturers ? AC/Ford/Shelby
bit like the Willys/Ford etc etc Jeep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts