1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
Try these guys, highly recommended by everyone I know

http://www.kingstown-shipping.co.uk/

regards
dan
i would recomend these guys realy no there stuff, gary chevy 2 on here bought his nova in canada i think, but drove it and shipped from the us, dont no why but he will tell you himself if you ask,i think he went with larry ward so they probably heard about a good bar there:lol:

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,677 Posts
i would recomend these guys realy no there stuff, gary chevy 2 on here bought his nova in canada i think, but drove it and shipped from the us, dont no why but he will tell you himself if you ask,i think he went with larry ward so they probably heard about a good bar there:lol:
Larry bought my nova off ebay in 2001,
he'd brought over several cars from the US before but i think he couldn't find any shippers at the time to ship for a sensible price out of Canada,
by the way, the car was in Lethbridge, Alberta.

the FAR cheaper option back then was to ship the car out from the US,
the only problem was moving the car over the border by truck without all sorts of ducumentation, as the vehicle owner not with the car,
lots of $$$$$$$!

easy solution,
5 guys get on a plane,
collect car,
get extremely drunk with the seller, great guy,
drive the nova 1800 miles across 5 states from Alberta/Canada to San fransisco in 4 days, what a road trip!!!
dump car at docks,
go to Paso robles, get drunk,
go to Vegas, get drunk,
fly home and wait for car to arrive,
plan B, far better:tup:

i think Larry used Kingstown, sure theres better deals from Canada now.

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
Larry bought my nova off ebay in 2001,
he'd brought over several cars from the US before but i think he couldn't find any shippers at the time to ship for a sensible price out of Canada,
by the way, the car was in Lethbridge, Alberta.

the FAR cheaper option back then was to ship the car out from the US,
the only problem was moving the car over the border by truck without all sorts of ducumentation, as the vehicle owner not with the car,
lots of $$$$$$$!

easy solution,
5 guys get on a plane,
collect car,
get extremely drunk with the seller, great guy,
drive the nova 1800 miles across 5 states from Alberta/Canada to San fransisco in 4 days, what a road trip!!!
dump car at docks,
go to Paso robles, get drunk,
go to Vegas, get drunk,
fly home and wait for car to arrive,
plan B, far better:tup:

i think Larry used Kingstown, sure theres better deals from Canada now.
which ever way you did it i new it would involve lots of beer:incheek:

·
Registered
489 Posts
We would highly recommend kingstown have shipped more than once with them and no problems ever. quick pick up service door to door and all taxes and paper work sorted. Good with any questions you may have.The hard bit was having to wait for car to arrive lol.
Good luck with it all

·
Odd Rod junkie
84 Posts
If you are looking at importing cars from canada, also look in the the Mercury line of cars. They are alot less common. Cars like the mercury Cougar are like a high end luxury mustang and both which are based off the original falcons. And if you know of any of the guys who want to hotrod out ford trucks, There were trucks sold only in Canada under the Mercury name. Know you were asking about shipping, but just thought that if going to spend the money to ship a car over, maybe some of the lesser known cars might be of more interest :D

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Try SHE Maritime. they recentley shipped from Canada for me , Kingstown couldnt do it. Although I have used Kingstown before and they were very good.

SHE maritime , did exactly as they said they would and the costs were reasonable.
Did that come out of Halifax mate? Not the one up the road from you either..:D

·
Odd Rod junkie
84 Posts
Lol, An addition to my previous post on last page. I didn't put down my train of original thought and that is comment on the ford falcon itself. While not sure if this is the case with your friend, I have talked to people overseas in other forums and some mistake the north american ford falcon for those made famous by the aussies with of course Mad Max. Our Falcon's were never that cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Falcon_(Americas)

I would hate for your friend to go through the trouble of importing or finding a car to import and it not being what he expected. If he is looking for something like the aussie Muscle car version, then from north america is looking at the mustang. For that unique style, definitely go for the Cougar. With stuff like the fold into grill headlamps and the rear lamps just awesome as well. In fact, when shelby designed the GT mustangs, he took the lights from the mercury cougars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.