1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Get a 3 pin flasher.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Looks like your 2 wire unit should have some letters and/or numbers by the terminals depending on where in the world it was made. I had a look in Vehicle Wiring products cat and it has a key table for the letters and numbers. I think you could try connecting the power supply terminal of your flasher to the supply and wire 7 of your switch to the other one. It looks like wire 6 is for the indicator switch if using a 3 terminal unit so in this case take a wire from the switch terminal (wire 7)to an LED type supplementary flasher unit and then on to your indicator bulb via wire 6. It might work without the supplementary LED unit. However, there may be another way that I dont know - always willing to learn. Dave
Ps, I used an LED flasher to drive a 5 watt semaphore bulb as they do not require a load to make them work - maybe this is another way

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
This link doesn't work, is it this one:

http://www.socalsac.com/switches-knobs/retro-chrome-turn-signal

On the diagram the yellow wire (No7) is connected to the P terminal of the flasher can, this just goes to the indicator light on the end of the stalk so omitting this in the first instance will get everything working except the light on the end of the stalk.

To get the light on the end of the stalk working it may just be a case of simply connecting the yellow wire to the L terminal (Red No 6 Wire) which is the main load so it should flash in time with the indicators.

·
Administrator
14,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok after soma advice from the company it appears that flasher unit does only need to be 2 pin but i assumed b stood for bulb and l stood for live on the flasher unit i have but
it apears b is for battery and l is for lamp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts