Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seperate sidelights and indicators at the moment but i'm looking for a smoother look .i know i can ditch the sealed beams and go for halogens wiith integral sidelights no probs ,but can i also put orange indicator bulbs in the headlights to save putting any more lights on the front and cluttering it up ?may not be very tech as i already know how to do this but i just wanted to know if i did would it be legal ?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
Not technically legal with one light intering with the function of another .The reason it works on Chinkamons van is that theunits are all seperate behind a clear cover ,whereas you will be putting indicator behind the actual headlight lens. Like old Cal look USA spec lights, working outside in , had a clear outer lens, then the sidelight ( always converted to indicator ) and then the headlamp lens.

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
Would something like this be allowed? As seen on Derek Gibson's '33 Coupe.

The indicator is clearly a separate element from the headlight here, rather than two bulbs in one unit. Derek's on here (but I can't remember his username) so you could ask him if he's ever had a problem with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.