Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHeck it here http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

Just read in 100%biker that if your car/bike ain't on it the boys in blue will take your car away on the spot if you can't prove it there and then!!!!
Happened to a mate of mine and cost him £1100 to get back and it was insured at the time, insurance companys fault!!!

Just checked my Ford Truck on it which ain't insured at mo and it comes up yes as a MG TD!!!:tdown:

Cheers RIch

·
My name is Martin
2,636 Posts
Yep quite handy, supposed to be a 7 day limit to getting a car on there.

Sounds like the old bill were numpty's there, they should have just done a producer :roll:

·
Registered
872 Posts
They don't often do producers for insurance now... Friend of mine got stopped, apparently the camera in the cop car just reads your number plate and checks it against the MID. If it don't show up, they stop you, and are perfectly entitled to impound the car unless/until you can prove it's insured, then you pay the tow/storage bill to get it back... Hers was insured, but the brokers hadn't done the paperwork. Luckily it was office hours, and she could phone them to prove her point to the cops, otherwise she'd have been walking home. So yeh, always worth checking after you've re-insured........ ;)

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But Mine comes up on DVLA as a Ford Truck??? Strange!

Forgot to say my mate was on honeymoon at the time with his car parked outside his house on the road!! The car was taken in Cornwall and took to Wales!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.