Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to this site, been into chops and custom bikes for years but hope to have my first attempt at a rod this year... never too late to start I guess!!

I have just about finished the black chop in the pics for some fun as soon as the weather gets better up here in the frozen north!

The other bike pics shows the dry build of a tribute bike in memory of my late daughter, the bike is built around an Indian motor and is now in a 'Barby' pink, a colour my daughter loved and is waiting for airbrush work before I build it up.

Hope you like the pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Nice work on the bike, sorry to hear the reasons that it's for, I hope it's everything that she would've liked.
Only problem I see id that you won't get a car in your front room!!!!!!

Waht you thinking of building?

Oh, and welcome BTW

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice work on the bike, sorry to hear the reasons that it's for, I hope it's everything that she would've liked.
Only problem I see id that you won't get a car in your front room!!!!!!

Waht you thinking of building?

Oh, and welcome BTW

:)
Fozwanger, thanks for the kind words I went with the Indian as my daughter loved another bike I have that looks like an old Indian and I am sure she is happy with the pink one I am building in her memory!

Your right about working in the house but my wee workshop is behind my fathers house and when he offered to let me do the dry build in a warm dry room I jumped at the chance!!

Rod wise I have ordered a 32' Ford Roadster Kit from Bay Area Rods that I want to use as my first attempt and possibly use it to tow the big and little (made a kids size chop)tribute bikes to local events to help a cancer charity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mate,

Thanks for asking, bike is a little closer to being finished, ran into a wee problem...space..too many bikes and a few cars, trying to get a garage built early 2013 to keep the bike in when finished as once it's out of the workshop it would be a pain to get it back inside!!

Here is a link to a video that show how it looks now.. ALEX-ROBINSON

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The garage turned into a real shit storm... local council planning saw it being very small and of a strange shape... with quotes from around £25000 for the build of what would be not much more than a single garage!

My rod plans also went south due to issues with the supplier... working on a Range Rover at the moment but working outside in the crap weather we have doesn't help much.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi, sorry to here that things did not turn out as you would of hoped for and yes the weather is not helping. Maybe in time somthing will come along and you can once again look to driving something different, do you still work on the bikes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts