Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have any of you Mopar or gearbox experts worked on a push button iron torqueflite? I'm trying to find out what holds the plastic speedo drive gear into it's housing. There are two types of speedo cable... a screw on and a 'forked plate' hold on. Mine is the screw on and has the housing shown below. The drive gear has a missing bush/clip but I don't know what it should look like. It sits over the witness mark on the shaft below.This prevents the drive gear from going in too deep and disengaging. We made one out of a piece of plastic and it worked for a while until the plastic broke so not strong enough. Would like to see what the proper holder looks like.

·
Care in the Community
2,756 Posts
Steve, if you don't get sorted in the next few days I'll get the one off the Plymouth and take some pics for you.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats very kind of you Ian but I didn't want to put anybody to quite so much trouble! If it has a forked bracket holding the cable on then the internal is different to mine.
Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.:tup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I could tell you plenty about aluminium Torqueflites, but I've never even seen a cast iron one, sorry I can't help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts