Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....or has the website been very slow the last couple of days ?.

Also if a picture is in the top post of a thread and you click to enlarge it the banner ads stay on top of the picture , everybody seeing this or is it my browser ?.

Cheers,
Ron

·
Stroker
5,469 Posts
Me too

I thought it was just all the random software that had frigged the ram but does it after start up too.

Some expert will say clear ya 'overhead underhang logical collsion data buss' and it'll get back up to speed. :lol:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
I actually thought it was buzzing with a pre nats atmosphere :incheek:
Ive not had any probs with the site at all but then when your pc is as shit as mine then maybe its slow for you and my computer is at warp speed shit :pmsl:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Dunno about the speed of the site :beuj: I've not been doing any work on it over the last few days but not noticed any speed issues either.

The advert over the picture bit. That one's a bugger. It's only with the Ebay listings as far as I know. Not really adverts as such but search results of stuff that may be of use to users of the site. The way they display their results though are in a block that always remains on top.

If it gets to be too annoying for users then they'll have to go I suppose.

The other ads should have no effect on lightbox images. They bring in the main funding for the site though (when clicked anyhow :lol:) so for the meantime at least they're going to have to stay :tup:

Hope that helps & let me know if there's any more speed issues please. Also if it's tjust this site or any other sites you're looking at around the same time :tup:

Cheers

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Si,

I was getting like a 5 or 6 second wait for a page to open ,maybe it was something my end but other websites seemed ok , depends on the route I s'pose . All seems fine today though :tup:

Nah the banner ads don't bother me just wanted to make sure it wasn't a browser issue .

My PC is ancient too Vince , hasn't been running right since I threw a couple of lumps of ordinary coal in last week when I ran out of smokeless :lol: :incheek:

Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Was it mainly on pages with loads of pictures ??
Was the outline of the page loading fast enough and the inner content was the slow part ?

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was it mainly on pages with loads of pictures ??
Was the outline of the page loading fast enough and the inner content was the slow part ?

Cheers,
No it was happening with all pages , if a clicked a link to view a thread or hit the back button it would hang on a blank white page for a few seconds .

Take no notice of him Si, he always had a Fuzzy Head..............:pmsl:

Bob.....:smoke:
'kin'ell I don't remember that at all , looks like I've got fookin ginger hair where the sun's shining on it ... mind you these days I'd be happy with any colour apart from grey , at least I've still got a full head of thick hair :incheek: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts