Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great weekend at the nostalgias , I abused the morris all day saturday but seemed to spend a lot of time queing in the pits while the pairing lanes were empty. The thing ive always liked about Shakey is the fact you can watch the racing from your car in the pairing lanes. this weekend they seemed to keep the run what you brung cars out while the outlaw anglias , gasser circus and supercharged outlaws waited to join the pairing lanes. It might be down to old age but didnt they used to send them down the middle lane while we all waited for our turn. Please god dont let it get like santa pod so we only see the track for the burnout and the run.
moan over Shakey is still the best for the fun runner, please let it stay that way.

·
richard rawlplug
8,120 Posts
If you don't Do it like that you physically can't get the cars from the pits to the lanes due to traffic queuing out side the pit areas.then it fucks up the running order any causes a load of stress for the track chaps .

shakey will never be like the pod.

·
richard rawlplug
8,120 Posts
Hot rod drags is busier cos no one wants to break their car an sit out the rest of the year..

·
Burn out champ 2010
1,702 Posts
Having been a hot rod rywb driver and crew on an exhibition car, I know that it is difficult to find an ideal solution. I believe that the organisers do a great job and thank them for the hard work they put in.

Thank you Liam (Torment) for crewing on Deb's car with us at the weekend, much appreciated mate.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Just to put the record straight, for the last couple of years the use of the centre lane has been stopped because of the need to use it in emergencies.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that all i needed was a simple answer. Shakey will always be the best place to run and I know everyone does their best with whats there but this is the first time in the years ive been running there that this seemed to happen.

·
Care in the Community
2,759 Posts
We had a great weekend at the nostalgias , I abused the morris all day saturday but seemed to spend a lot of time queing in the pits while the pairing lanes were empty. The thing ive always liked about Shakey is the fact you can watch the racing from your car in the pairing lanes. this weekend they seemed to keep the run what you brung cars out while the outlaw anglias , gasser circus and supercharged outlaws waited to join the pairing lanes.
In all fairness you couldn't have spent too long queuing in the pits as the organisers only set two windows a day to run those classes, all other times the pairing lanes were fully open and rarely over full. You might have been told to wait until those classes had been towed down but as soon as they were in place you would have been allowed to follow behind them.
The only time you may have been out in the pits for any length of time may have been due to some track clean up which isn't an organisational problem, it's just part and parcel of racing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts