Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
... and bloody hell it's been a great one.

Amongst the achievements so far are ..
  • Going from zero to nearly 2 million views per month.
  • Bringing in the enthusiasm, support and guidance of 2 guys I now class as top mates (Vince and Bry) :tup:
  • Breaking the 100,000 posts mark by a long shot.
  • Hosting a massive 19,933 images through the RnS Image hosting facility.
  • Having you guys contribute so much to the history archive and reviving old clubs such as SOTF, TUS & TC.
  • Getting one over on Bob with the April Fools gag :D
  • Being probably the first Rod and Custom site to have an active moan about Campbells Meatballs :lol:

So what's next ??

Well, to put it simply, plenty :tup:

First things first though. The next step in the expansion of Rods 'n' Sods is by bringing a couple more people into the fold.

They've had a look round the staff quarters, read a mag in the executive crapper and piled more mugs on top of last weeks washing up but all that aside ....

... it appears they feel at home :eek: :tup: :D

So, since they approve and have given me the nod i'd like to introduce you to the newbies at RnS HQ. They both bring a wealth of experience, knowledge & respect with them and we're chuffed to bits with having them on board.

Roger Butterworth (SG57) and Alan Martin (40stude) :wave:

Finally, we've got someone to do the hoovering and washing up :D

One thing about us as mods here on RnS. We're not here simply to issue out b*llockings (although if needed we will ;)) we're here to help, make this place run as smooth as possible and look at ways of improving the site/community.

We're all approachable so feel free to ask if you're stuck with anything or if you've got suggestions for the site etc :tup:

More than anything else, we're here as a part of the site and here to enjoy it just like everyone else.

Well, that's enough of the junk, let's get the party going. We'd appreciate it if you could join us in welcoming Rog and Al onto the team :mooooh:

Onwards and Upwards :tup:

·
bitch
609 Posts
WOW! big welcome rog and al:tup:

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
welcome to the new guys,i dont know you personally,but if the guvnor says your ok, then i trust his judgement,[not forgeting he gave me a bollocking when i needed it]:tup::pmsl::incheek: but seriously exellent news:tup::twisted::tup:

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
Gets better with every month that passes in my eyes.
Congrats to all, and long may it continue.

Wayne

·
My name is Martin
2,615 Posts
That's cool. Look forward to seeing another year :tup:

One week to go

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think Rods n Sods is Superb and welcome to the new Staff.
Through this site i have now bought my new project and parts to build it and met a lot of new guys that have been so helpfull.
What more can i ask for.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Crikey, nearly a year. Looks like me subs are due soon. :tup: Well worth a donation for the help and wit of the site i think.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Well thats the overtime knocked in the head then:sniff:,massive welcome to too Al,and Rog,two of the best people in the game -we are very fortunate to have them :tup:bry

·
Rod'a'holic
1,037 Posts
Well done Si, the balance is just right. It is hard to believe it is only a year, I started my build thread on 5th May to help get the content up, I am pleased it has all worked out so well.

Welcome to the new caretakers and all the best for another year.

Rich

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Well thats the overtime knocked in the head then:sniff:,massive welcome to too Al,and Rog,two of the best people in the game -we are very fortunate to have them :tup:bry
Just think Bry all that extra time youll have to build Henry :D

I too would welcome Al and Rog to the cult :tup:

·
Ian
535 Posts
Welcome to Rog and Al,
If you guys can do half as much as Roadrunna has done getting everybody back together and making new friends right here on the site then I think he made the right choice.
Good Luck
Spike

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
going to be a bit exspensive for roger to come over to do the washing up,but i know he'l do a good job. :tup:

have bump into roger now and agian over the thirty odd years,
a real gentelman.
i'm sure rog and martin will be a real asset to the site. :tup: :tup:

·
Down but not out
3,024 Posts
a big welcome to the new enforcers :tup: love the site...thanks for running it and im glad to of made a contribution...even if it is just the cambells meat balls thread....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts