Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12,559 Posts
Was doing some work on the Vette a few years ago inside the engine compartment and was stupidly kneeling on the front fender - slipped, fell with one leg out side car, the other in the engine compartment, crushing my gonads. Obviously painful at the time but no big deal. Next day started passing a little bit of blood so went to doctor. Doc said this is OK I had just damaged several delicate capillaries and it would clear in a few days (which it did) but sent me to have an Xray and have check up at hospital. All OK, they checked out prostate and other than being slightly enlarged (age related) I was OK. I was now 'in the system' and had to go back a year later for check-up. This time they decided to take a sample from the prostate - and found a small tumour. Cutting a long story story short I had the prostate removed which has got rid of the significant secondary cancer risk that comes from prostate cancer - (although in itself this brings other issues). The golden rule here is not to be a typical male, ignoring a problem thinking that it will go away - you owe it to yourself and your family to go to the doctors, demand a referral to hospital if needed - it is your right - that is what the NHS is there for.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.