Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the pictures,a quick question,are you installing the Jag IRS because you anticipate it will give your van better ride quality or mainly because it looks so cool. Or maybe both! When your van is at normal ride height will it be visible from behind as it drives down the road or will you have to get down on your knees to see and appreciate it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for the pictures,a quick question,are you installing the Jag IRS because you anticipate it will give your van better ride quality or mainly because it looks so cool. Or maybe both! When your van is at normal ride height will it be visible from behind as it drives down the road or will you have to get down on your knees to see and appreciate it?
Reasons for fitting Are.
Independent suspension all round.
Disc brakes all round.
Better ride.
It will lower the van approx 5"
Better wheel choice
Axle won't be seen unless you get on the floor.
I will be fitting the jag front clip after I've done the rear.
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
14,764 Posts
how much gap is there between the current axle and the chassis? you may need to 'c notch' the chassis to get it 5" lower and still have clearance between the jag driveshafts and the chassis. the diff doesn't go up and down like a live axle but the driveshafts do so you'll need enough room to allow for that.
ps re better wheel choice, the jag has the same pcd as a camaro so wheel choice is the same.
neil.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
how much gap is there between the current axle and the chassis? you may need to 'c notch' the chassis to get it 5" lower and still have clearance between the jag driveshafts and the chassis. the diff doesn't go up and down like a live axle but the driveshafts do so you'll need enough room to allow for that.
ps re better wheel choice, the jag has the same pcd as a camaro so wheel choice is the same.
neil.
I meen the front axle stud pattern not just the rear.
As in changing both front and rear axles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ref rear axle. It's all been thought out so won't be any problems.
Jag diff doesn't go up and down PMSL
Chassis won't need notching as plenty of clearance for drive shafts. Chassis to axle clearance now is 11" take 5" off for fitting the jag axle leaves 6" of clearance between chassis and drive shaft on jag axle at ride height.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Your van looks really good,wasn’t expecting it to be so cool.Thanks for the pictures.Al valid reasons for your swap.To archive good ride quality can sometimes prove to be a little problematic, especially when it comes to the correct spring rates. Took me a couple of spring swaps to get it dialed in.Lucky for me I had a good supplier who had no problem swapping out my springs .

·
Premium Member
14,764 Posts
Jag diff doesn't go up and down PMSL
Chassis won't need notching as plenty of clearance for drive shafts. Chassis to axle clearance now is 11" take 5" off for fitting the jag axle leaves 6" of clearance between chassis and drive shaft on jag axle at ride height.
you got tons of room then, must be the angle of the pics makes the current one look a fair bit closer. as above your van looks pretty cool, good luck with the axle swaps (y)
neil.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts