Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting my beloved 1972 T bucket up for sale.
It will be going on ebay soon but thought I would offer it out on rods 'n' sods first.
This is a very well known rod, loads of history about it having been used and on the road for most of it's 37 years.
I've had a 2.8 v6 cologne engine and auto gear box put in it. This gives it a proper kick!
MOT'd until March 2010.
Tax exempt.
Rare Reg.
Registered as a Jago Roadster.
Has the original T canvas roof (see photo), I do not drive around with the roof on as it is a bit of a wind trap and takes ages to put up and down.
Screen folds in half.
Jag rear axle.
Mechanically extremely sound and runs fantastically well. Underneath very sound, shows how well built it was originally.
Cosmetically it is showing its age but I like it this way.
This has been featured in a UK hot rod book 'wild wheels' back in 1974 and is a true part of the British hot rod history.

Currently open to offers.

T Bucket is stored near Ilminster, Somerset.

email me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not my bag...Don't think it will be for most peps here (may be wrong though) Gave you a bump though

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,099 Posts
Look beyond what you see in front of you, it is a totally legally registered T and bulletproof with a bit of imagination and only a little money it could be totally transformed while still staying legal.

Look at High Scholl Hellcat , a period feeling T based around an original Jago, often it's what you take off not what you put on .

This is a Jago T chassied Modified

·
fixin your car
935 Posts
Look beyond what you see in front of you, it is a totally legally registered T and bulletproof with a bit of imagination and only a little money it could be totally transformed while still staying legal.
that's what i was thinking when i saw it

so how much is the asking price

·
Registered
149 Posts
have driven the T and believe me it drives like a new build,it realy is tight and you'll struggle to loose grip with it either thru exelleration or chucking it into corners. Chris(the owner) lives in a very rural area and we've really given it a good 'drive' thru his local lanes,believe me its worth having a drive in!!:D
We also followed him from somerset to aldershot,on a303 cruised in traffic no problem,and runs spot on at legal speed limit:incheek:
chris looks after the T and i know any probs with it hes straight on top of it and gets sorted. personnal opinion,its a good sorted T bucket that just wants a coat of paint or run as is with patina'd paintwork.he had the gearbox rebuilt the beginning of this year by a profesional autobox rebuilder. Well worth a look and drive,plus car has a shit load of british hot rod history behind it.

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts

·
Shake it, Hobbes
170 Posts
T bucket price

Guys,
I will be seeing the owner tonight and will try to get an answer on the price.......if he doesn't put it up today!:D

·
Shake it, Hobbes
170 Posts
Price

Any one who is interested, PM Mr T.....but believe me ...it ain't alot for what's on offer!:tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts