Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a jaguar LSD from an early axle ie. xj/xgs to fit a scimitar 4ha axle.
I Believe the MK2 Jags have the same axle aswell.

I am happy to buy the whole axle if required.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Hi Karrionchris

Might be worth giving Hotrod rick a shout as i believe he had someone actually fit the diff from an irs into the solid axle for him

I could also be wrong so it would be worth asking him :tup:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
re axle

Looking for a jaguar LSD from an early axle ie. xj/xgs to fit a scimitar 4ha axle.
I Believe the MK2 Jags have the same axle aswell.

I am happy to buy the whole axle if required.
hi karrionchris, the mk2 jag back axle is a salisbury 4ha, it is the same just diffrent wigths the sunbeam tiger runs the same axle as well,, i put a xjs slipper diff into mine and its not a straight fit, i had to have some spacers machined up, and you need to have it down loaded to weight of your car, or it will make a terrible noise, barnhurst engineering in bexleyheath will download it for you, the bloke that works their who does it is chris, as for the spacers you need someone good with a lave, hope this helps, search google for jaguar breakers or get a mag from whsmiths, this is wear i found one:smoke:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jag axle

hi mate i have a axle its in three pieces for handling but in fair cond it has atag saying 354 if your interested im in swindon wiltshire 01793828895 ps please make me a sensible offer ??? adi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts