Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've bought from both and had no probs. Been a while but I think they give you a shipping quote before your committed. Summit sent me some wrong parts once but I called them and they sent new parts over fast with no questions asked and didn't want the wrong parts back. Don't forget you'll have import duties to pay over here.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Both now do a thing called Iparcel that you add on at the checkout. This adds the shipping AND the import duties so it get delivered straight do your door without parcel thieves or fed expensive addition v their killer charges. Worked very well for me.
The final price you see at the checkout is what you pay. No hidden charges.
I've also used r and r as well, they're very reasonable too :tup:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I can't comment about crate engines specifically, however, JEGS have just dropped their shipping prices massively. I just had a box of 8 quarts of oil sent over for £7.80 shipping... arrived in 8 days.

·
richard rawlplug
8,121 Posts
Summit. ..

·
Lost in the ozone. . ....
3,029 Posts
With big stuff it´s usually best to get it sent to an airport near you and collect yourself.
Looking at buying Summit seats and the end price is near double if I use iParcel.

Summit has more shipping options than Jegs.

·
Registered
408 Posts
summit brought my crate stroker through them... No probs if you need someone to bring it over I used Ron from STS all went smoothly...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts