Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
V8 addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Always liked these.
Can anyone recall of one of these being done?

The front end looks so aggressive stock, but the sidelights / indicators look a bit clumsy but definately a really nice base to start from?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Back in the late seventies there was an all black mild custom about (poss. on chrome wires?) - not got any photo's or any more info tho'. There was also an Interceptor called "Black Magic" at around the same time...
Always liked Jensens, even the Healeys. So does this mean you're getting rid of the "B" and building a custom/rodded CV8 then?

·
V8 addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'll not be parting with the BV8. Took me 8 years to track down the right one and it's definately a keeper.
Nic and I took the V8 and the Stag to a show in atherstone yesterday and bought a Triumph Vitesse convertible that was up for sale. LOL!

I keep looking at Interceptors and CV8's, though and umming and ahhing. I suppose you can never have too many toys, eh?
Not seen "black magic"? I'll have a nose on the tinterweb and see if I can find some piccies?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
A Vitesse convertible eh? I've had about two dozen small chassis Triumphs (still got my Spitfire based Hurricane and the other half's daily is a mildy breathed on Herald saloon) - still rate them as the best value fun you can get in old cars. Last Vit' convert' ended up with a TR6 type lump, close ratio GT6 'box, loads of uprated bits and pieces and went practically everywhere sideways...and it still got described by a guy on "Pistonheads" as looking "so cute and innocent"...have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts