Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
slave to the rhythm.
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i heard today thursday 2nd july that john bunce has fallen through a barn roof and is in a hospital having a blood clot removed from his brain he has a broken leg & damage to his back that is all the info i have for now, this info is second hand i hope it is just whispers, i will update as and when i hear anything else all our wishes john speedy recovery frank & the girls.

FRIDAY PM; john is in a bad way broken back lower & upper & leg, some arm movement, lost of one eye broken jaw facial injuries etc he is under sedation at this time after going surgery for blood clots on his lungs & head he is in bristol frenchay intensive care unit, andrew hedges is in contact with the hospital any questions please call kaaren on 0775-118-8178, kaaren will call me with any updates, anybody who knows john will be sure he will be fighting for this keep the faith john best wishes frank & the girls.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
That's bad news Frank , let's hope the whispers have been exaggerated . All the best wishes to Johnny for a speedy and full recovery .

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Frank thanks for the info on here an in the phonecall, i'll get the contact information ASAP. In the meantime get well soon John.
Rog.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Fuck.......... NO thats terrible, was talking about John with Steve Foreman just the other day .:cry:

John & Malcolm really had "the look"

Anyone upstairs that can lend a hand PLEASE do .

·
Registered
872 Posts
Bad news indeed, don't know the guy but that makes no difference, it's still not nice to hear.

As an aside, I used to live with a girl who was a nurse in Intensive Care, really makes you think hearing some of the terrible stories of tragedy, and brings it home how fragile life is. Mind how you go out there please, all of you. And get well soon John.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
It is one of the many great things about our world, people care weather they know you personally or not. John Bunce is a one off (another thing our world is good at) and to show you that I do not use the term loosely.

http://hippotese.free.fr/blogdocs/john-bunce-horse-logger.pdf

Back in the day he would also go on real jungle expeditions for a couple of weeks every year. John is a survivor every sense of the word. Get well soon John.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is one of the many great things about our world, people care weather they know you personally or not. John Bunce is a one off (another thing our world is good at) and to show you that I do not use the term loosely.

Back in the day he would also go on real jungle expeditions for a couple of weeks every year. John is a survivor every sense of the word. Get well soon John.
My heart go`es out to John and his family at this time! My prayers are with him!

Keep fighting John! It may be a long haul but you`ll get there in the end, stay strong!

:hug: Val xx

·
Registered
945 Posts
Don't know John personlly, don't matter, hes one of us, so our prayers are with him. Speedy recovery.

Bungle

·
slave to the rhythm.
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
marlboro man

i`d say rog, in belize john got lost for a week in the jungle found the beach then swam with jo his girlfriend to an island of-shore spent another week eating lobster while waiting for a tropical storm to blow over, he has climbed mount kilimanjaro i`ve seen the photo`s of him on top with icicles on his nose smiling he spent 4 months counting animals in the Galapagas islands he really is the marlboro man get well john, frank & the girls

·
Registered
773 Posts
holy crap .. thats awful ,i dont know the guy personally but it sounds horrific .. to break your back has go to be the worst but damaging eyes and legs 2 is tragic.. i really hope he fights through this .and wish him good luck..

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,196 Posts
A dreadful thing to happen to anyone and shows how life can change forever in an instant. I don't know him but the stories told here show that if anyone can fight back it will be him.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts