Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a few pics taken today at the Brighton Jukebox show, there was a fine selection of vehicles, great weather and entertaining company.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Nice to meet you today Andrew. Can't believe the weather was in our favour for once. Had a super Birthday there and now feel totally knackered!! Lemon Car Cookies went down well though!! :bigsmile:

I took loads of photos of cars, but I didn't take any of the jukeboxes. Not as many stalls as last year. Maybe because of getting in and out of Britain is a bit of a wotsit at the moment.

Anyway, I'm happy as I got meself some black and white saddle stitch shoes. That's all my Birthday money spent!!

Next meet it at John's Cross on the A21 next Saturday at the Diner.

Cheers

Hotrod Girl

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
You do realise you've hit a raw nerve? :S
The engineer who is coming to look at our Ami Continental had to put it off till next week because of the show.

Hope it was a good do. It would be nice to see more pictures of the boxes though.
:tup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
All I wanted was Buddy Holly's Think it over on 45 and could I get it... NO!!

Not as many stalls there as the past few years. Perhaps because of the volcano situation.

Glad you liked the Car Cookies Andrew. Couldn.t have a cake as it would have burn the bulding down with all the candles!!

·
Have love will travel....
275 Posts
Great photos, thanks for sharing 'em :tup:
Missed it yet again dammit, I got 'man-flu' (well it certainly wasn't your average cold!) :tdown:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good Pics - Thanks for posting
Its was a nice turn out of friends, cars and familiar faces.. :)

There was a lovely blue Zephyr there. Not sure who's it was. I did'nt see the owner, But i left a Rocker gasket on the door handle as a gift from my shed clear out ..

Tark

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tark said
There was a lovely blue Zephyr there. Not sure who's it was. I did'nt see the owner, But i left a Rocker gasket on the door handle as a gift from my shed clear out ..
This was it, it looked superb, I saw no sign of the owner either;

·
Registered
141 Posts
Loving the 1962 impala police cruiser. Forgot my camera. Spoke to bob the owner (he was a very nice man!!) The car is a clone but a very good one. Cloned by an ex state trooper. With an original speed detector, working siren, lights and livery. Love the name of the speed detector.............SPEEDALIZER. Very cool Bob and a snip at £9000

·
Registered
676 Posts
My pix from the jukebox show are here

facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055233&id=1512196047&l=f77978d134

Oy hot rod girl ....WHERE`S - MY - CAKE ?........?:sniff:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My pix from the jukebox show are here

facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055233&id=1512196047&l=f77978d134

Oy hot rod girl ....WHERE`S - MY - CAKE ?........?:sniff:
Well....... I actually made some lemon car cookies and I was going to make you some egg free cookies. I googled it and found out that you use vinegar instead of egg. But....... I ran out of flour and it was 8pm Saturday evening and my chinese had just arrived. So as soon as I can get to Tesco's I will get some flour and make you some egg free cookies. Is that ok Kamakazicadillackevnutterman?!?!?!?!?!:p

·
Registered
676 Posts
Am I gonna have to change my online name now to Kamakazicadillackevnutterman ....?
In all serious-ous-ous-ness dont make any for me thanks...
I wont even eat egg free cakes ! Thanks tho ! :shake:
See ya all saturday with
a 6-up kar load.......! :tup:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yeah, change your name and see how many can spell it right!
Let me know if you want to sample some cookies and we will make you a batch. Victoria wants to make cornflake cakes next. That doesn't involve any cooking really.
Quite looking forward to Saturday. It is only down the road from me. I got told off yesterday for racing cars off the lights. My rod is damn fast though, I just can't help myself:twisted:

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Good photos.:tup: What a grand day out. Lovely weather in sunny Sussex. And picked up some cool schmutter too. :D

Sadly didn't know who anyone was so missed out on the car cookies. :sniff:

By the way, that was me in the green PB Cresta (4th photo from the top). Just in case there's any biccies on offer in future.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts