Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i notice the sudden influx of modern cr*p being advertised in the cars for sale section.... is there not a ruling about this ?, if not , can we not have one, like the NSRA forum ?

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Most people have a daily, If selling it to another member on here helps them I see no problem.

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
i notice the sudden influx of modern cr*p being advertised in the cars for sale section.... is there not a ruling about this ?, if not , can we not have one, like the NSRA forum ?, otherwise it will decend rapidely
ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
I think the ebbs and flows of this site is what keeps it fresh, its exactly the ebbs and flows that attracts the people that are on here. I think the ''Few Rules'' keeps it in check and do the job perfectly without pissing anyone off. Just my opinion. :tup:

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
i notice the sudden influx of modern cr*p being advertised in the cars for sale section.... is there not a ruling about this ?, if not , can we not have one, like the NSRA forum ?
We nearly all have daily's, how else can we run around the country collecting bits? That's why its rods n SODS. I won't comment on the other bit.

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Hi britishtin,

One of the reasons this place was created was because the NSRA site was a little too focused for some people and as stated above the vast majority of us also drive run of the mill daily's. Quite a few people have bought or sold daily's on here and it seems a lot better than taking a chance on Ebay.

On the whole it seems to work quite well in my opinion.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i accept that and agree this site is by far the best.... but i can see it full of old citroens and cavaliers before you know it... only a thought, no offence meant

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
i think the gaffer bought his daily from a member on here so i assume it was from an add posted on this site, sums it up nicely, why dose the add section seem to cause so much discussion and bitchin? it seems to grab an awful lot of the limelight

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think the ebbs and flows of this site is what keeps it fresh, its exactly the ebbs and flows that attracts the people that are on here. I think the ''Few Rules'' keeps it in check and do the job perfectly without pissing anyone off. Just my opinion. :tup:
Totally agree, similar things are being said on other forums I use today too.

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Did somebody say Citroens! I love 2cv"s :D might build britains fastest :pmsl:

·
Supercharged 461 cu in
1,407 Posts
I also think that selling a "daily" type car to someone else on here gives you a sense of belonging and a natural assumption that a fellow rodder will not stitch you up, and vice versa. I see nothing wrong with selling anything: after all thats how you get a bargain sometimes. I do also hope we dont end up with bucket loads of modern shit in the main forum but then im sure that most of us on here know why we are here and if its saxo's and boom boxes this aint the site you need.

we dont need anymore rules in this life, you just need to use your noddle:tup:

·
Registered
527 Posts
I bought my other halfs daily from an ad on here,(Hi Stu) i would rather deal with a fellow petrol head,and put money in their pocket,and keep it in the FAMILY......just my two pence worth....;)

·
Why isn't it 1963?
539 Posts
There is an awful lot of stuff that goes on here that I would rather not be subjected to, but I signed up to this place knowing in advance that it is an extremely "broad church". If the stuff that I would rather not be subjected to start to outweigh the other then I'll simply stop coming on here, but until that happens I just accept it for what it is.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts