Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Mans life work and passion, gone. I feel sick just looking at the pictures. Shit, it's painful to look at.

For those of you on Facebook find Jason Graham of Nashville, he's just seen his workshop and 9 Hot Rods go up in flames.

I tried to put a link here but you then get asked to log in, so a link is pointless

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, thats the one ..............

·
My name is Martin
2,610 Posts
Bloody hell that's sad :(

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
shit , thats just awful , think thats something we all worry about at some point . hope he was insured .....

·
Registered
171 Posts
There was some pictures in sm of a garage that had been on fire . I believe one of the pic's was af a pro street 55 chevy, and don't think the garage was insured

·
Registered
218 Posts
that is a shit thing to happen.

then on the bright side (if there is one) atleast they weren't glass bodied.
I hope I'm wrong, but the fire still wrecks the bodies though doesn't it? That guy has lost more than most of us would ever hope to have. I think that fire is the worst possible way to lose a car. :shake:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
i know it sounds corny , but where i have been on light duties at work i have been carrying out risk assessments , i myself like so many of you have a space where we work on cars , i never leave enough time to tidy up because building is always more important right !
when i was off work i decided to have a proper sort out ,
1 , get yourself a metal cabinet and store those flamables in it period , grinder sparks can travel a long way in the air glowing red waiting to land on something and start afire.
2. i have 10 fire extiguishers in the work shop .
3. keep you exit clear .
4. if it goes up quick by now you would have nothing to lose ,i would cut the pipes on my argonuniversal/ argon and open them and leave the building , you never know the welding gas may suffocate the fire , just dont go into the building as if the flames go out means thereis no air to breathe.
5. keep that mobile charged up, when i smashed my wrist up my mobile battery was dead,had to drive to my bros
i watch a car burn to dust in five minutes from starting
6. know the address of your workshop , on a farm down a lane is not going to get the fire brigade there
7. have a fire blankett or two . very handy for covering a seat ect

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
i know it sounds corny , but where i have been on light duties at work i have been carrying out risk assessments , i myself like so many of you have a space where we work on cars , i never leave enough time to tidy up because building is always more important right !
when i was off work i decided to have a proper sort out ,
1 , get yourself a metal cabinet and store those flamables in it period , grinder sparks can travel a long way in the air glowing red waiting to land on something and start afire.
2. i have 10 fire extiguishers in the work shop .
3. keep you exit clear .
4. if it goes up quick by now you would have nothing to lose ,i would cut the pipes on my argonuniversal/ argon and open them and leave the building , you never know the welding gas may suffocate the fire , just dont go into the building as if the flames go out means thereis no air to breathe.
5. keep that mobile charged up, when i smashed my wrist up my mobile battery was dead,had to drive to my bros
i watch a car burn to dust in five minutes from starting
6. know the address of your workshop , on a farm down a lane is not going to get the fire brigade there
7. have a fire blankett or two . very handy for covering a seat ect
8.Keep a fully stocked first aid box where everybody can see it, and tell everybody who has access to workshop
9 . Fit a cut off switch for all electrics in the workshop.
Andy

·
Registered
415 Posts
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=907553&d=1266938883

This is the rod that was on the car lift, from what i have read nearly all customers cars plus his very large collection on vintage parts and motors, someone has mentioned it was an electrical fault that started it, also been told this morning his wife walked out on him 2 weeks ago
This guy is having no luck, any of you on here on Facebook can make donations via paypal, already done mine, this guy is gonna need help from everyone,

Artists on the Hamb are looking at having an auction of there work to raise money

Please try and help, this could happen to any of use

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=322547623826&ref=mf

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
whilst its no consolation to the owner, the car below also suffered the same fate just after it was built.

This picture was taken a year later after it was rebuilt, again.
Cars can be rebuilt, much better that no lives were lost

1 - 17 of 17 Posts