Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like many of us old uns I bet when you were a kid you made a cart out of old pram wheels and bits of wood, well I thought I would throw something together for my grandson, only a bit nicer than I could have built at the time! I made it out of stuff I had lying around, the frame is made of beech overlaid with 12 and 18 mm plywood, it has stainless steel axles and handbrake, the wheels are 18 inch at the back on ball races, the fronts are 12s, these cost £4 the lot at autojumbles and ive 2 spare fronts.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Thats well cool good on you , I am sure your grandsons going to love it it looks way better than the ones we used to build as a kid i.e. the steering pivot a 4" nail bent over that broke away at the first bump so you crashed and ended up in hospital, don't bother asking how I know but I am betting I am not the only one.
Yours looks far superior and safer go have some fun with the little fella.
Kev

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
That's great, especially the paint job. Your grandson's gonna have great fun. :tup:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
be carefull the gooddo-ers and treehuggers dont see it. those things are lethal and will kill the kid instantly. you will get jailed for irresponsible parrenting.

erm wait, we survived these things, never mind, find a nice hill :p
great looking kart

·
Registered
469 Posts
Now I remember turning sharply and a front wheel tucking under the chassis with the whole thing stopping rapid.
That's a fantastic job you have done and he's going to enjoy it, are you going to push or show him how to steer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts