Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD 28.1.12 Reluctantly up for sale due to having too many vehicles and a having clearout. This wagon is a Texas car and so no rust ever - but there are a few hailstone dents. It has an amateur spray job but is very presentable. Has a large area of neat pinstriping on bonnet and tailgate. Chrome is good, as is the aluminium grille. It is lowered with newish narrow band m+s tyres inc spare. Air shocks on rear and substantial tig welded tow hitch. A great practical car, and without sounding sexist is a great one for the missus to drive! Has the wind down window in the tailgate, so great for loading your surf board in, or sitting on the tailgate at shows! It is the 2.8 litre and turns in around 25-30mpg
Has electric fuel pump and Petronix ignition.

Mechanically it is excellent. All brakes and some steering parts renewed. Engine pulls strong and will cruise at 70 on the m/way all day. I dropped the sump to install a new oil pump and found the bottom end to be very good. 3 speed column change . Interior is all original with some wear to the drivers left shoulder area. Has rear inertia seat belts fitted as previous owner had child seats. More nice pinstriping on the dash top with new white Grant wheel not shown in photo. There is a top of the range CD stereo with MP3 plug in glove box - neatly hidden behind the radio delete panel which is hinged to allow access. iIs much admired and photographed (was in CC) and is easy to drive with responsive steering and handling. All that I would do is clean up the underside and paint to protect from the UK climate. The exhaust is blowing at present but it is a simple single pipe system. I will throw in a length of pipe and Smithy's muffler to get you going.

Has free TAX and MOT until June, so apart from sorting the exhaust is ready to enjoy. Price is firm as I am in no hurry to sell or give it away, and no part exchange - unless you have a traditional model A coupe/roadster or a nice Triton knocking around!

Please PM for a quicker reponse. Ta.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts