Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,thought I`d post a few pics up of my Konsul build.Some of the pics are a few years old so apologies if you`ve seen them before.Here`s a few mods I`ve carried out so far....fitted a 2.0L mitsubishi Sapporro engine/5 spd box.Fitted air bags all round,(running gear is stock apart from Zody diff swopped in).59 Caddy taillights vertically mounted! Batmobile style fin extensions.Floor has been cut out and front and rear "clips" joined with triangulated bracing.New floor/tunnel installed.(floor is double skinned for more strength) Cut the roof off,(Carson top to be made),the screen is now split! Jag headlight pods grafted onto front wings to give frenched headlights (anyone bored yet?lol)Homemade exhaust hooked up to o/s lake pipe. kustom grille fitted(originally made by a mate for his pro-sled,but I inherited it,modified it to fit the Konsul. Here`s a random pics...enjoy....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The instrument pod is now in the centre of the dash.The switch knobs are from Wirths of Ohio,

The seats are from a Consul Capri(thanks to Taff for those)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
LOl,Bel you gotta get out more.Thanks for the positive feedback.I call them Marmite lights,cos you either love em or hate em.(and I have received some "negative" comments about them.Not a prob though after all if you post pix on a public forum you gotta take the good with the bad,lol.At least with the batmobile style fins I`ve dot a damn good reason to wear my cape and ski mask with the pointy ears on it,lol.Cheers bud.

The company I got the switches from(amongst other things such as kool speaker grilles) can be found here... www.wirthscustomauto.com The head guy is called Roy.Spoke on the phone to him a few times,he`s a good ol` boy.Excellent service.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Think Im gonna start a thread on the Mk 2 Zephyr Im putting together.
Its gonna be a full on Kustom. Roof chop, fins, lots of body mods.
Had it tucked away about a year now. Done a lot of bodywork on it already. It was real rotten. Its coming together now tho.
Huge picture dump on its way!!!:cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi Barry,Happy new year mate.The Konsul has come on a bit since last year.Will take more pics soon and get em on here. Getting shit hot with the hammer n dollies,lol.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Think Im gonna start a thread on the Mk 2 Zephyr Im putting together.
Its gonna be a full on Kustom. Roof chop, fins, lots of body mods.
Had it tucked away about a year now. Done a lot of bodywork on it already. It was real rotten. Its coming together now tho.
Huge picture dump on its way!!!:cool:
Is that the one you posted some pics of a while ago? - real ratty and a brave project

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi folks. Apologies for not updating pics. I`ve been busy on the Konsul,but like most people ,life keeps getting in the way lol. I will update pics when I get time. I dont get on the puter very often coz my SON lives on the damn thing lol. And I bet you read this thinking there was some new pics.......

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its spelt B`stard lol. I see you are in Tootalls general location. Must tell him what you called me and send him round to poke you in the eye lol. I`ll get to the update when I can. Sorry bud .

1 - 20 of 71 Posts