Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any rods going down to Le Mans next month? Me and my son are going in the Coupe - it'll be nice to find any others on the way or down aqt the circuit. And by the way, if you've never been, get there someday.

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
If you havn't been, make the effort, its a unique atmosphere...:tup:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
I'll be there for the 12th year running..
Wouldn't miss it.
Got a spare seat if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi just sold my Triumph SAH (Sidney Hull) spec engine to a guy called Mark at Jigsaw Racing he supports Triumph Cars racing in the Classic its sounds a good event like Revival at Goodwood in September.which i highly recomend if you like Cobra's GT40 and alike and they RACE not poodle around to show off X million pounds worth of cars its balls out stuff.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I can recommend a small hotel in the town centre opposite the railway station called " Le Parisien " . The bar/cafe on the ground floor is almost 24hr only closing for an hour between 3 and 4 am to literally hose down the bar area and toilets... they put so much starch in the bed linen I took all the skin of my elbow when I turned over in bed :lol:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
mmm when you leaving for le mans,where from,what crossing,what car ?sounds good , i hitched a lift last minute 2009!!:tup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going in the Coop (natch), getting the 08.30 Eurotunnel on Thurs June 10 and then blatting down in one go. Should take 5-6 hours at a good lick from Calais. Will be camping but with limited gear as there's only so much you can cram in the trunk of a '34 and there's no damn room inside that's for sure!
You going then?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can highly recommend the classic event!

Been for the last 3 events but sadly not going this year. This is so much better than the STD 24hr (IMHO).

We always take a cruise into old town Le mans on the Saturday night. First year we went through all the allys where the bistros were and people clapped as we went past. Second trip we parked up and crowds appeared from no where to look at all the cars.

Gutted typing this as I would love to go in july.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Hi mate been down in gary morrishes bright green 34 before.Hes from torquay had a great time lots of poseing.Have been down loads of times over the years and my first time just like others was when the silk cut jags went there.What campsite you on and are you goin on your own then i assume so? would be cool to do it again especially being my mrs is off with her mad mates that week to magaluf leaving me home alone:sniff:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know what they say when the wife's away! Sometimes you just gotta do these things. Will post tomorrow what campsite we booked it was only last week, ditto with the train to Calais (it was no more than the boat). I take it your rod is ready to roll 1500 miles, always better to go in a group.
Mike

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
Not trying to be a smartarse, but do this journey, every other month and le mans is no more than 4 hrs from calais... go A16, A28 , Rouen is a a pain then the new A28, watch the 2 cameras on the two bridges about 15 mins in then its just a straight blast, no traffic at any time, easy peasy....

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Went there a number of times. Back in the days when the 917 ruled. Was there when they made the film "Le Mans" but there area was cordened off so you couldn't get near them. Never drove but would go with Page and Moy. It used to cost £11 to go by coach or £19 to go by air.

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
mmm when you leaving for le mans,where from,what crossing,what car ?sounds good , i hitched a lift last minute 2009!!:tup:
Going down on the 8:30 from Dover on the 9th (Wednesday) morning, back on the 14th (Monday) Evening.

The plan, if it gets an MOT in tine is to take my MG Midget.

If you are interested you just need to get to Woolwich for stupid O'Clock.... :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
You know what they say when the wife's away! Sometimes you just gotta do these things. Will post tomorrow what campsite we booked it was only last week, ditto with the train to Calais (it was no more than the boat). I take it your rod is ready to roll 1500 miles, always better to go in a group.
Mike
We're on Dairon, Dad ;)

Ticket haven't turned up yet though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts