Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just fitted some LED rear clusters, and changed the 3 pin flasher relay (to the dual load cf13 gl-02 type) to prevent the 'panic' flashing with the reduced load.

changed to one of these relays

The flashers work at the correct speed now BUT...

about every 10 seconds the relay clicks when they are switched off. Anybody had this and traced where the problem lies?

I've still got the incandescent lamps at the front and on the dash warning lamps but cant figure out which bit of the circuit is causing the problem - Any clues?

Steve

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ended up taking the original flasher relay to pieces and figuring out which resistor controlled the pulse rate (looked up the schematic for the chip in it), then swapped it for a potentiometer (variable resistor) with the maximum value and set it to suit while the flashers were running - bingo! fixed! It means when I swap the front ones for LEDs I can just adjust it again.

the relay above (CF13GL-02) detects ANY load at all in the circuit so clicks even if it detects a blip in voltage/load from a common earth - that bit of junk is now getting experimented on to see if that ones fixable as a spare!

Too geeky?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts