·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
ive got 2
one is a thorsman lightstick about 40 bucks and worth every penny,
the other is long n thin leds all the way round, car charger and mains charger, cost about 30 quid, load of shit from jewsons.

ive missed placed my light stick and even at that price id by another, only down side is no car charger.

when you look at one you want a high mA rating on the batteries which should mean higher charge time and longer use time

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
More led's doesn't necessary mean brighter. I have an 'Energiser' head torch selectable between 2 or 4 led's mounted behind a lens that is fantastic. Keeps your hands free, runs of 3 AAA batteries that last months even when used for a hour or so each day. The two led setting is the brightest.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,741 Posts
I've got an led rechargeable which I woulddn't be without. Lasts for ages on a charge. The light is very directional though rather than forming a good spread.

·
Registered
250 Posts
the current issue of "car mechanics" magazine has a product test on led hand lamps this month
their best buy was the ring ril2500 £29.99 from halfrauds
best budget was tesco 203-0146 £21.53
it may be possible to get the halfrauds one cheaper with a trade card
ttfn glenn

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
I have a black and decker one

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a lidl one too, i bought one last year and it lasted well until i left it stuck(magnetic) to the bottom of a car on a test drive. i think it came off at around 60mph but survived pretty well, it just cracked the lense near the handle and carried on working for a few months but because of the crack flexed a lot and eventually broke the connections. i went down to Lidl yesterday to get some workshop tea/coffee supplies and was pleased to see they have them back in agian so grabbed a new one :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just been to Lidl for some milk and bought a rechargable LED lamp while I was there.
Mains adaptor
+ 12V incar adaptor
2.5 hours use if used cordless

And a 3 year warranty for only £9.99

ideal to keep in the car boot :tup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts