Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was heading back to London this morning at just after 5am. There are two level crossings on the Grain Road one manned and one unmanned. From a distance I can see the red flashing lights of the unmanned crossing by the time I get to it there is about 20 cars and trucks already waiting untill it's safe to cross. I was on the end of the queue for about 4 minutes which is a long time and nothing went through. Then the barrier goes up and the lights stop flashing. I then notice that the car at the front of the queue does not move. As I'm thinking "get a move on" a train comes through the crossing. The barriers are up and a train comes through I couldn't believe it. So a warning to all. They can go wrong.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Shit thats scary imagine the car behind the 1st car getting a bit impatient and pulling out to pass him.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello. I sort of reported it. On another web-site I use a lot the guy that started it and runs it (Just like Simon does for us) he is a level crossing person up North so he will have seen my message but I would have thought that the train driver would have seen the barriers up which must have shit the life out of him so he would have reported it. When ever I cross this crossing I usually slow down a bit and look both ways but I will slow down a lot from now on. I never even thought about the second car getting impatient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts