Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
do u want a manual one or a electric one?

jim

·
Registered
552 Posts
its up to u mate, i have a manual one but alot of racers have the electric one, real steel do them i think for about £70, they come with full instructions, u can get a new "T" handle with a button in it which many use on your shifter

jim

·
Registered
552 Posts
mine is on the trans tunnel behind my shifter but you can put them anywhere you want, i made a mounting plate for it as they dont come with anything apart from 4 threaded holes underneath, you plumb it into the front brake pipe which is the best way but i have heard some put it in the front to rear pipe

jim

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
for safety sake they should go in the front so you can press the brakes then lock the front so they stay on this still allows you to use your rear brake if needed. dont plumb it in so it stops you being able to use your brakes

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
steve, alternativly you can run the line lock into the rear brakes, when you lock it off and block off the rear brakes, you still have complete control of what your doing because you are controling the front brakes with the pedal same as under normal driving, all you are doing is not putting any strain on the driveline by loading up the rear brakes. if you use a manual valve it basically means running the brake pipes inside the car, if you use the electric version then you leave the brake pipes under the car and just have a simple on / off switch where it suits...

kev

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
no mate, i had a manual one on the mk2, down beside the drivers seat, got an electric one on the 55 though, er, just in case of corse...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts