Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not sure where in North London you are?? I had problems with my Nissan pickup tracking that Dan Perkins could never fix. (I assume they were just taking it to the local Kwik fit) So I took it to Feltham Tyres at Heathrow and they fixed it in no time. I was actually quite surprised at just how technical their tracking station was??

Long story short! Tracking now perfect and front tyres lasting twice as long ;)

Perry

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
Make sure you get it done at a place that has a 4 wheel laser alignment system, they check that all the wheels are where they should be in relation to each other not like the normal wheel alignment which just checks the front wheels are correct, I had mine done on a Hunter System and you get print outs of before and after like this:

·
On a mission from God
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in the barnet area but I don't mind travelling a few miles. I went to a garage locally that has all the fancy 3D 4 wheel laser alignment kit but they couldn't do my ram because it wasn't on the machines database. Anyone know if ocw over in Perivale does alignment?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discount Tyres & Exhaust in London Road, Hemel Hempstead. They were recommended to do 4 wheel alignment on my RR Sport, including toe and camber, etc by Chiltern Land Rover and the independent guy who looks after it for me after replacing suspensions arms.

It knocked the previous set of tyres out in about 15 000 miles, since the alignment the replacements still look like new

·
On a mission from God
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers everyone but I have found an excellent place that I recommend to anyone who is running a late model yank. Black boots/ Wheels in Motion. They have the latest kit but more importantly, the guy using it (peter) really knows his stuff, its not just follow the directions on the machine. theyre in Chesham bucks 01494 797820. They even run a SRT10 Ram as a shop truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts