Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Peterborough 'Best in Britain' show in October I came across Workshopchops who import the Kikker 5150 in kit form then build it up as a new bike. Arthritis in the knees means no more big bikes for me, but I fell in love with this little 125.
So far I have had the frame, tank and mudguard painted to match my Triumph Renown and the build will include a few more personal touches.
Not a true 'Garage' project but it's mine when finished.
Next years plan is a matching (ish) style trailer but thats a thread for much later.
Bob.

·
Registered
748 Posts
At the Peterborough 'Best in Britain' show in October I came across Workshopchops who import the Kikker 5150 in kit form then build it up as a new bike. Arthritis in the knees means no more big bikes for me, but I fell in love with this little 125.
So far I have had the frame, tank and mudguard painted to match my Triumph Renown and the build will include a few more personal touches.
Not a true 'Garage' project but it's mine when finished.
Next years plan is a matching (ish) style trailer but thats a thread for much later.
Bob.
Is green your favourite colour??

·
Read and Write
198 Posts
Dont know much about motorbikes, but dont they usually go better with 2 wheels?

Though 4 wooden legs could catch on I guess. ;)

Graham

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried sneaking bits of bike into the lounge but Kim, my wife, isn't as green as the decor. She's seen me try it all before.
If it doesn't work with the legs I've got 2 wire spoked wheels with whitewalls I can try.
Cheers, Bob.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mudguard and tank artwork is now on, so it's just a coat of lacquer and they're off for assembly.
Bob.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
what engines going in it Bob?..

Sid.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had a few big engined bikes but thought I'd finished with them years ago, but I saw these and really fancied one.
This is going to make a great fine weather commuter as it only has a 125cc single ( a copy of the Honda 90 type) with semi auto crashbox. It will have a tank side gear change lever.
Pictures are of the one owned by Gaz of Workshopchops who are building mine.
Bob.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
i didn't see that coming!...

but do like the idea.
cool bikes with a sensible budget id presume?.
outside the box, i like that.
Good luck with yours and please keep us posted..:tup:

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Delivered today, photos as it came out of the van, still with card on the frame and bags over the white bar grips.
I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, looking forward to 1st ride tomorrow.
All credit to Gaz and Cookie at Workshop Chops in Newark.
Bob.

·
78 Bronco BRING IT ON!
440 Posts
That looks a treat it really does.I can`t believe it`s only a 125,it`s as smart as fu*k!I`ve never taken that much interest in bikes,but if I needed a small engined form of transport I think I`d want one of those. You must be well pleased.Nice one :tup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts