Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Minge
2,165 Posts
I know you said no google - but hey ho...

On the home page, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
Touch the Ink Status icon. The Estimated Ink Levels screen displays with gauges for all four ink colors.
Touch More... to view the information for the magenta cartridge.
Touch the Right Arrow ( ) to scroll through the individual gauges for each ink color.

NOTE:When viewing the gauge for a single color, the correct cartridge model number displays next to the gauge. Refer to this number when ordering a replacement cartridge.
Touch the Home icon ( ) to return to the home page.

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
Windows 8 has probably installed a basic driver for the printer its seen. This normally is not the full driver (it lets you print & thats about it) so either put the printer installer disc in (if not lost) or look for the driver on the HP website, probably under downloads.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your advise, I went back to it and looked at the printer and touched a couple of things and found ink status .. thanks so much, one happy lady, dont like things to beat me and this was and so annoying as it 4 cartridges so need to know which to change ! thanks again .. pint on its way !

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
For future reference, the HP website itself is one of the most helpful for any HP product.
I had a prob with my printer, and I downloaded a utility called "HP Print and Scan Doctor" and it sorted the issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts