Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
761 - 765 of 765 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,063 Posts
are those ends loctited onto the threads of the anti climb bars mark? or will you be fitting lock nuts to them?
neil.
ps sorry to hear of your loss.

·
Administrator
10,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #764 ·
Tonight was continuing on the brakes. They are now finished except for the two short pipes on the rear calipers on the diff. Last job of the night was primering a few chips, the new stub axle & brake shield and the bottom of the engine & gearbox.

930.75 hours.

·
Administrator
10,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #765 ·
Well, that took longer than I expected......

Friend Denis came round tonight with the new wheel bearing and with info from the bearing suppliers that the bearings fitted were not the correct ones. They were the correct size but the numbers showed they were trailer bearings and not up to the quality required for the weight & stresses of steering and the weight of a car. As such I have ordered a complete set to replace the lot just in case any others fitted are not the right grade. Useful info for anyone reading!

After Denis left I painted the rear springs and with the leftovers in the gun I brushed the stub axles & dust shields and the black parts of the engine underneath thet needed it.

Then on to replacing the rear caliper brake lines.

I just finished them by working late, recently some of the work has been a bit of a chore, but I'm on a roll now and could quite literally work well into the night on it as I'm enjoying myself. Photos of the rear caliper hard lines.

933.5 hours.

761 - 765 of 765 Posts