Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought myself '53 velox and looking for info on some of the modifications that were on the car. If anyone knows the builder or any previous owners of the car. Or even know any info at all on the car would be very grateful.

·
Milner for PM!
2,303 Posts
Street Machine, October '86

Ken Brookes' '54 Wyvern sled
- Rear doors welded up
- Roof couped, peaked 'n' chopped 5/6"
- Lowered 4"+
- Twin frenched aerials
- Fender skirts
- Frenched rear lights
- Rover V8 (at time of print), manual 'box, Transcontinental rear axle, Victor front suspension and disc brakes
- 13" wheels

·
Registered
121 Posts
I remember seeing the Vauxhall in Jago's place when my brother and I were going down there sorting out a chassis they were building for us. Having never seen anything like it in my life before I thought it was as cool as any Merc sled. My recollection was that it was a shade of green but that maybe was its original colour before being chopped up. is my memory correct can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Bought myself '53 velox and looking for info on some of the modifications that were on the car. If anyone knows the builder or any previous owners of the car. Or even know any info at all on the car would be very grateful.
Are you planing on building a replica?

'Low Life' knocked me out when I saw it in Street Machine... and I still have the magazine, sometimes I go up into the loft and dig it out of my piles of mags... I'm 17 again!

(until I look in the mirror :sniff: )

·
Registered
32 Posts
OLY52 was in the CC show , Olympia, November 81. Not listed in the programme but I think it was Glen Clarke's Midnight Flyer. Have a copy of Nick P's photo and the number plate is clear.

Cheers
Rodger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.