Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
Jon,
Are you doing what I think you're doing with this or am I reading a motive into it that's not there?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thanks Jonny69 for posting that, I have never seen Lord Monckton before.....Great stuff.

I have been saying for years that the whole "man made" globle warming thing is a con and just a money making scam.........Sadly though most of the general public are SHEEP and will follow what is put out by the press and governing bodies and sit back and except it... bah!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks Jonny69 for posting that, I have never seen Lord Monckton before.....Great stuff.

I have been saying for years that the whole "man made" globle warming thing is a con and just a money making scam.........Sadly though most of the general public are SHEEP and will follow what is put out by the press and governing bodies and sit back and except it... bah!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a good job some of us realise what's going on, and one day can hopefully make a difference, but it's gonna be a long struggle.

·
Mopars and Gassers
246 Posts
So, when are we going to learn the real truth?

I've had an open mind about global warming, but I deeply resent being punished by a plethora of so-called green taxes, while other countries can continue to operate without having to confirm to the stringent rules and regs of European legislation such as the EPA.

So is it Al Gore or Lord Monckton?

There's only one way to find out!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
So, when are we going to learn the real truth?

I've had an open mind about global warming, but I deeply resent being punished by a plethora of so-called green taxes, while other countries can continue to operate without having to confirm to the stringent rules and regs of European legislation such as the EPA.

So is it Al Gore or Lord Monckton?

There's only one way to find out!
what (imo) adds insult to injury is the talk of the eu sending money (all OUR money!) to the 3rd world polluting counties to help them combat global earning - i mean warming

so they'll be helping out India with a few quid whilst they spend their own cash on their space programe - the worlds fucked :tdown:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what (imo) adds insult to injury is the talk of the eu sending money (all OUR money!) to the 3rd world polluting counties to help them combat global earning - i mean warming
That's not entirely true and it's in our interests to pay to clean up. If global warming is true and 80% of India is turned to desert where do you think the people are going to go? That's right, they'll come here. So you deal with the problem before it happens.

·
Registered
703 Posts
There is so much on , the biggest con of all time, its about time people sat down and relised whats going on.

but oh!!!!!! we must not say anything against man made global warming, etc, its just not PC....
The BBC , the goverment and all the media says its all true....so it must be???
Sheep again.

anyway Heres the channel 4 doc, well worth a look for starters.
its in 8 ten minute or so parts.

YouTube- The Great Global Warming Swindle [2 of 8]

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Great Global Warming Swindle was shown to be a dogs dinner of a documentary, the people in it complained of being misquoted and a great portion of it was just plain rubbish. The guy that directed it has a history of that sort of thing (name escapes me).

·
Registered
703 Posts
The Great Global Warming Swindle was shown to be a dogs dinner of a documentary, the people in it complained of being misquoted and a great portion of it was just plain rubbish. The guy that directed it has a history of that sort of thing (name escapes me).
:eek:

shown to be a dogs dinner by whom?

misquoted and rubbish? what history?

thats what the media and govenment want people to think!

"Ridicule" is the point, thats the best thats done when a group of people dont agree with the "mainstream". on whatever subject. Outcast those as "nutters" who actually might disagree with the "media painted picture".

Did nobody do history and geography at school, global warming and cooling exists, global tepmperatures have changed from cold to warm to cold to warm, etc, etc, over the last 1000yrs alone, without any imput from ourselves.

We will always disagree on things I know, but if we all (ie..the population)take our blinkers off and look at the evidence rationally, rather than believe everything the bbc news etc tells us, we might realize its just a HUGE commercial money making CON...........imo.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Yep a con, but how few will stand up and say so ?.........not many, cause its all about money. Gore gets paid to speak, Monckton doesnt ? Think the guy that does it for free has more reasons to speak, plus the passion to put his point across !!
Fact I found out a few years back......Take a look at Gores home (sure there is pic somewhere) , its HUGE. Someone, somehow, found out that Gore's electric bill was like 4 times that of that states averange consumer, well done Al !!

Years ago when I got the 'big C', I read a lot of books on the subject. Interesting to note that the same sort of problem is going on with cancer. If anyone pointed out certain facts then they were shot down by the other side, the other side being the big companies that have billions coming in from so called 'cancer reserch'. Its not in their interest to find a cure, billion's of $'s coming in, loads of jobs lost, think about it.

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
Are you seriously trying to suggest that there may be some factual basis in the global warming debate Mr 69???
Do you not realsie that facts are simply things that are made up to prove a point and are therefore irrelevant????:pmsl::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl::pmsl:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gore gets paid to speak, Monckton doesnt ? Think the guy that does it for free has more reasons to speak, plus the passion to put his point across !!
He's not getting paid because he's incorrect.

I'm having trouble taking him seriously due to the fact that he mentions a little bit more heat would do us good, contraception and abortion being the evil of the 20th century, he refers to environmentalists as "these environmentalists" and "bed wetters", environmental policy being the worst policy since Hitler was in power, power to the working classes who prop society up and besides, "one man saved the earth 2000 years ago and he did a very good job thank you very much. God."

I don't think I need to look up the Lindzen paper, he's published a negative temperature feedback system (a variable that reduces the temperature) from what I can see without actually reading it. The C4 documentary and Monckton misquoted him to make him look like a climate change skeptic when in fact he's not. For a start he works at MIT and secondly he agrees with 90% of climate change papers. He has been critical of some climate change papers in the past due to them being incomplete studies or leaving out variables. His views are that the predicted temperature change is inconclusive, but we already knew that because the number of variables male it hard to land on a single number.

I don't know who these 200 scientists who are deliberately messing with data to support global warming but as an environmental scientist myself, I know I'm not one of them and neither are any my superiors who effectively run the show.

He doesn't understand biodiversity or interdependence of species. Yes it will matter if we start losing species, yes we use large cute mammals as examples but nobody would pay attention if we used the bugs they feed on.

Pollution has not been addressed. That was a particularly stupid uninformed comment to make.

He points out that to stop a 1 degree rise we have to completely shut down the world's carbon economy for 20 years, so to stop a 4 degree rise would need a complete shutdown for 80 years. Simply not true, carbon dioxide is absorbed back so a balance has to be met. The fact is at the current rate of increase from current levels it is unsustainable and won't be doubled in the next century, more like in the next 50 years. He also fails to mention any runaway effects like melting land-based ice, the methane and CO2 trapped in ice or increased water in the atmosphere, all of which will have significantly worse effects that the warming that caused them in the first place.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Further thoughts, where's all this anti climate change stuff in the press coming from this week anyway? There's much more than normal. It feels like the media is drumming up national skepticism so they have something big to report on after Copenhagen, a bit like they do with the elections so they can take down whatever politician is the target that month.

I smell a rat and I'm not partaking in this discussion any further.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.