Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just checking over the roadster before it gets a 10hr, 500mile run out to the nasc springnats this weekend you know the thing change the engine oil, spanner check, greese the nipples :tup: make sure the wheel nuts are tight :incheek: make room for some cans :D
i came across a little dipstick for the gearbox i had'nt noticed before! still got some in but needs topping up!
Q: what type of oil goes in a 10hp 3speed gearbox? EP80/90
Q: what type of oil goes in the steering box and how much

think thats it :D

thanks for the help in advance

ian

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'd guess at 80/90 for both, but it may just be 140s. If you're stuck, try these guys for info, they've always been good for advice with me:

Small Fords Spares
Vintage Supplies Ltd.
Crosswinds
Happisburgh
Norwich
Norfolk
NR12 ORX
England

* Telephone: +44 (0)1692 650455
* Facsimile: +44 (0)1692 651451
* Email: [email protected]

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guy's rang SFS and its SAE90 summer SAE80 winter wasnt sure about the steering box but guess'd it would be the same

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ain't got a Ford manual to hand, or I'd have been more helpful earlier, but for an A40 it lists 80 or 90 for the steering box and idler, except very early models use 140s. Correct level for boxes is usually flush with bottom of filler cap. From memory I just shoved 80s in the Shedster box, cos it's all I'd have had to hand anyway, and it ain't steered off the road yet....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ford manual says 80 winter 90 summer for my early 3 speed. I used 80/90 in it and the steering box.

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right guys sorted now thanks again for the help, come say hi if you see me on the sunday either on the show field or the motorway hard shoulder :shake:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts