Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So just now I am going home with a Chinese takeaway when an ex pupil at the school where I work recognises me and says hello. He was a pupil at school just 4 years ago. He says he works for a motor magazine. I ask him which one he replies Motor Sport. (Lucky Bastard). He says he is being sent to California by the magazine next week (Lucky Bastard). He is being given a BMW X5 to use while he is there (Lucky Bastard). He is there to cover Pebble Beach (Very Lucky Bastard). And here I am at the same old school mending the same old windows that I was mending when this kid was at the school. I'm just jealous, thats all. Ken.

·
Registered
288 Posts
yeh, but he is happy ?

oh, he is ?

umm, well at least you have the comfort of knowing a good education set him up nicely :tup:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Crafty. Yes. He did look very happy. But when he was at school he was one of the ones that used to stop and chat to us maintainence people. He was a friendly pupil. Which is unusual in this school as about 99% think they are above talking to us workers. But some are ok. There is one family that sent there three girls here (Only one still here) The mum used to pick the girls up in real nice cars. I asked the mother once how she decides which car to use. She says which ever one is nearest the road. She some times used a Ferrari and sometimes she used a Bently?. When there eldest girl failed all her exams. Besides having to stay on at school for an extra year to try again as a present for failing everything. She was given a new VW beetle rag top with personilised plate. She was a really happy and friendly girl always smiling. I just realised that I am rattelin on a bit now. So bye bye. Ken.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Going back a few years now I was offered a job that I turned down, Infact 2 jobs :sniff:

Where like that young fella I could of been traveling around the world with 1 8)

And the other was to be helping in a rod shop (uk) :tup:

The first was with the CAT Truck racing team down near blackwall tunnel but while I was there I got talking to their body work man who used to be a real well known painter of the custom/rod scene :tup:

But with both I was in a position to be able to turn them both down (working)
The good old days eh (All gone, just like Desoto's, )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts