Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. is there or does anyone know anyone who'll m.o.t my capri. i don't want to take it to a normal non understanding garage. My mate no longer does m.o.t's so I'm searching for a hot rod friendly tester. any help!

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but what do you mean by hotrod friendly, as I am sure your Capri will be no different to most other cars, I know there are certain differances as to what applys and what is exempt to certain older cars, but would have thought your capri would be pretty straight foward to mot, most mot testers are pretty up to speed as to what needs testing on varying ages of vehicles, just go to your nearest mot station get your ticket and the money you save on fuel trawling to a garage miles away put in your Capri and go for a nice run out

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well for starters its loud. but a nice burble. And the odd dent here and there. some testers are funny.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Al knows his stuff where old cars are concerned, ie, he didn't fail my Consul Capri for having red indicators, no door handles etc when a 'normal' garage probably would have done.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Al knows his stuff where old cars are concerned, ie, he didn't fail my Consul Capri for having red indicators, no door handles etc when a 'normal' garage probably would have done.
that's what i mean. Somr testers are real picky. and think every car should be as good as a 2014 merc or bmw.

ill give al a bell when cars ready.

cheers SPECIAL WHEN LIT!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts