Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Have love will travel....
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that saw my for sale thread.....and now my 'not for sale' thread....here is the story so far......

The Cadillac was owned by my exhusband a few years back and I bought it a couple of years ago, on a whim, I guess for sentimental reasons amongst other things.....

Circumstances change as they do and he had stood in the garage gathering dust while I was too busy to use him, too many other toys and too much work time and to be honest, a lack of confidence to drive him. After all, the car is a little under 19 foot long and nearly 7 foot wide. And although my 59 Ranchero isn't far off that and without power steering, I just didn't want to drive him.....so there he sat....gathering dust and taking up a bloooomin' lot of space in the garage for the last year....

So after advertising it to no avail, except to get well and truly riled with scumbag dealers taking the piss, an offer was made to take it off my hands for me, to help me sell it....which was a very generous offer at the time...but first it needed an mot and a good check over....

So my lovely friend Ash, of Blackmarket Hotrods, came down one evening in order to take it back up to his workshop in Kent....

So I started him up, hmmmmm that lovely rumble in the garage, slowly drove him out....asked Ash if it was ok to take him round the block one last time.....we drove round the block....and I thought 'Hell, I can't bear to sell it' :sniff: .....Rob was in agreement once he'd seen it drive out the garage....

So I thought it best if Ash gave it a good check up, mot and service and go from there. We drove it that night back to Ash's workshop in Kent, a good distance away from in Hastings, with no brakes, lol! That was interesting...hahahahaha....low gear all the way....had to peel Ash's fingers off the steering wheel once we got there, lol! Apparently there was no brake fluid in it at all! It had leaked away :eek:

Well, the old boy passed his mot, needs a new exhaust and the brakes sorting and bodywork needs attention, but all solid other than that.... which was all I needed to know that I was definitely gonna keep him :tup:

So, at this moment in time, Ash is ordering a new exhaust system and brake stuff and is working on the body work....I'll let him post the photos and take the glory for all his hardwork :D

Ash you're a star! :tup:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Cool !

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
cool , they get under your skin dont they ... couldnt part with mine now , lost all my brake fluid a few weeks back too , interesting aint the word i can remember using at the time ! :shocked: . get some pics up :tup:

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it's a 1960.

Some photos here on the for sale thread..
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7193

Just going through some older ones now...and will dig out the history. It was originally owned by an older lady, a college lecturer at San Bernadino College, her college pass sticker is still on the bumper :)

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahahaha....I've just had a quick jot up and I own 81.75 feet of car....hahahahahahaha....that doesn't include the bikes........hahahahahahahaha.......

might have to have a sit down.....

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was this photo that prompted me on the length question.....taken at the docks on the way to Sins last year....that's my 59 Ford pickup, 17ft, on the left and the Cadillac, 18.75 ft long......

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And you had a go about mine!
Pot....kettle....black:lol:
Oh, I don't remember ever doing that, lol!
It got sort of embarrassing listing them to someone last night, including Rob's pickup and collection of bikes and triumph project and tonight we pick up a shovel hardtail frame plus bits....hmmmm......from little acorns grow and all that, so I guess that'll be another bike to add to the collection...:D

Hell, I don't smoke anymore, I don't play golf, a girl's gotta have a hobby! :tup:

·
The returned
190 Posts
cool , they get under your skin dont they ... couldnt part with mine now , lost all my brake fluid a few weeks back too , interesting aint the word i can remember using at the time ! :shocked: . get some pics up :tup:
Rebecca's has all leaked into the servo whilst sitting hence passin an mot after bleedin them out and cleanin the servo ;-) the rear seal apparently fails on them over time and the drip out the back , rebuild (if the bore is ok ) if not replace as havin them sleeved is mega bucks :tup:

bodywork pics will follow , i wouldnt wanna post any off a camera phone again ill get ripped to pieces :p Again ;)

·
Freak!
458 Posts
It was originally owned by an older lady, a college lecturer at San Bernadino College, her college pass sticker is still on the bumper :)
hahahaha....I've just had a quick jot up and I own 81.75 feet of car....hahahahahahaha....that doesn't include the bikes........hahahahahahahaha.......

might have to have a sit down.....
Dont sit down Rebecca,get out there and fit some bumper overiders or a continental kit to the Caddy to push it over 19ft long! lol!
Nice to see your keeping it,very cool ride. :tup:

PS,pointless bit of bollocks...San Bernadino is featured in a favorite song of mine at the mo...anyway,back to it... :whistle:

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've just washed Rob's pickup.....man I need to sit down now! Didn't realise how flippin high it was! I have to admit to not being able to reach the middle of the bonnet or screen hahahahahahahah....hope he doesn't notice!!! All my cars are really low, obviously so I can clean them easily.....although the Cadillac is a bit like the Forth bridge, it's dirty by the time you get round to where you first started.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice car!

If you get a chance, could you get a post a photo of the linkage between the gearbox and the column please? (Assuming it's an auto with a column selector) I've a bit missing and can't quite figure out what it should look like. Cheers.

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice car!

If you get a chance, could you get a post a photo of the linkage between the gearbox and the column please? (Assuming it's an auto with a column selector) I've a bit missing and can't quite figure out what it should look like. Cheers.
I'll ask Ash to see if he can do that as the car is with him....

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got an excited text from Ash over the weekend asking me what colour I wanted it sprayed....crikey me thinks, I thought this was gonna be a long term project but that young pup's enthusiasm is infectious!!!!!! Well, he has been bloomin' busy so I thought I'd show you some photos of his hardwork :tup:

Passenger side....before....

During...ouch.....

After :)

Drivers front wing...

The bottom of the drivers door was really bad apparently, you'd never guess looking at it now...:bigsmile:

Passenger side, front wing :eek:

Lovely n smooth now....:D

Sooo excited! Gotta head full of ideas and inspiration, I think this might be out this summer after all.....wooohoooo!!! :woohoo:

Watch this space! :tup:

·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oy CJH! Its no good you posting your bad taste ideas in my inbox, lol! oooer missus! Hahahahaha no no no no no no! I am not muralling it with wild west scenes :eek: :giggle:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts