Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is our starting point :)

maggie is a '39 morris 8 series e and has been in our family for 30 odd years.

we were given her as an engagement present last year, plans include bigger/better engine, brakes, suspension, 12v upgrade etc, anyways heres what we are starting with...

the plan is to keep it looking as close to original as possible with few to little body mods ( bar those awful looking headlamp mounts) we will do our best to maintain its external appearance whilst getting all the performance upgrading done, the end product will be our little sleeper :)

got a lead last night on a chevy small block so going to hopefully check it out this week at some point :)

cheers
paul :D

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
That's really nice. Can't see what's wrong with the headlights myself but it's you car so it's your choice. If you can find some wider steel wheels to fit the stock hubcaps that would lok great, or possibly fit wider rims to the original centres?

·
Read and Write
198 Posts
I think that looks lovely as it is - including the lights.

More powerful engine would probably be good, but as you say keeping the original body near enough the same.

Good luck.

Graham

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks folks appreciated, the above pics ^^ dont really illustrate the lights well...

i really really dislike them, they arent original and were put on in the 80's the lights themselves are fine its the big tube things they are attahced to i dislike,lol.

the rims are 17" and we had thought about keeping them and banding the rears :)

cheers

·
originals hrc
573 Posts
looks like a nice solid car to start on and a great present too!:D

small block chevy?? just a few minor mechanical mods then eh!:incheek:

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Just a thought, but could you cut a section of the wing out, turn it around and use it to kind of french the headlamps...? just a suggestion but i think that would look awesome, and keep the original metal, even better! :smoke:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like a nice solid car to start on and a great present too!:D

small block chevy?? just a few minor mechanical mods then eh!:incheek:
we have a huge list of mods to do that we know :lol: we will however be doing everything in our powers to keep it looking as much as we can, like it does today ;)

frenching the headlights...not sure, tbh i havent had time to look at it properly, but the big headlight mounting cylinders should be removable without too much hassle ( im hoping)

thanks for the comments always appreciated

cheers

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
37 ford lights would look right i reckon, if they are the ones im thinking about, they are the ones with the slight teardrop at the bottom arent they?

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts