Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get a magnesium wheel repaired and if so where would you go to get a magnesium wheel repaired ???

Cheers Dan:tup:

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
Have you tried your local welding companies? I have repaired a magnesium wheel using TIG and a magnesium alloy filler rod; and I'm fairly crap at ali welding, so a professional should be able to do a really good job for you. Some really good people for ali welding down here are Brise Fabrications : http://www.brise.co.uk/contact_us.html but that isn't a lot of help to you as you're more than 100 miles away.

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is possible i'd be happy to travel to sort. I'm waiting to find out on some rims and if they'll fit what i have.

Cheers Dan

·
Registered
337 Posts
i have a guy here in stoke on trent who can tig it for you at a good price he does custom harlys

cheers john

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had a wheel repaired after an iron railing took a piece out of one of my alloys.
A piece was inserted welded and polished the finished product looked great .
Problem was when we come to balance the new tyre and it was buckled .
It might be worth taking it to the tyre shop and putting it on the balancer before you go to the trouble and expense of the repair

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep was the ones that went last night for £370. Going with wire 17's but thought i'd enquire about it. Hope they stayed in Uk as the US lot wont bloody well send stuff here!!!!!:mad:

Dan:tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts